Chapter 3

After a short texting session with Diavolo, and having to use Lucifer to guide [Name] on how to press buttons and send messages, a large bang resonated through the courtroom.

    "Hey! Just who do you think you are, human? You've got a lotta nerve summoning the Great Mammon!" the person strutting through the doors yelled as he stomped towards [Name].

    'This must be Mammon, I can recognise his voice from that call earlier.'

Mammon, the Avatar of Greed. A tan male with white hair and cool blue and yellow eyes. His uniform was messy, like he had just thrown it on before getting to the council room.

Mammon had finally reached the area as to where [Name] was. They weren't feeling all that great with the demon getting so close to them, the others were starting to be okay to be around as they hadn't done anything to them yet, but this is a demon with a surrounding anger radiating off them standing only a foot away.

"Listen up, because I'm not gonna say this again. If you value your life, then you'll hand over all your money and valuables! And anything else of value, too!" Mammon said, "Otherwise I'll wipe off that look right off your face..." he paused, thinking of something he could come up with to scare [Name], "by eating' you! Starting' at your head and working my way down until-"

What Mammon hadn't noticed while he was threatening the adeptus, was that Lucifer had walked up behind him with a disapproving look. [Name] could already hear Asmodeus and Satan begin to giggle as they watched in anticipation.

"Mammon, shut up, I'll punch you!" without another word, Lucifers fist made its way onto Mammon's head shutting him up mid sentence. Mammon fell to the floor at [Name]'s feet who just looked down at the demon with a disgusted look. They stepped away from the groaning demon, as to not be in such close vicinity.

Mammon sat up quickly and started rubbing his head in pain, "OWWW! Hey, what's the big idea?! I thought you'd give me a chance to shut up before punching me!"

"[Name], Mammon here is the Avatar of Greed. He governs and oversees all forms of it. Whenever he takes a liking to someone, they suddenly find themselves awash with money." Satan walked up next to the [Hair.C.] adeptus, who turned their head to look at the blond, "Though, from what I hear, if he decides to break it off with someone, that wealth evaporates. They're left without a Grimm to their name."

Asmo piped up, "He's also a masochist, that part's important!"

"Indeed. And it just so happens I have a job for my masochist of a brother." Lucifer said.

Mammon groaned as he continued to rub his head, commercial tears pricking his eyes, "Y'all, stop telling lies! I ain't asked for that punch, and I AIN'T a masochist!"

Lucifer crossed his arms, "Mammon, you are going to be in charge of seeing to this... erm," he looked over at [Name] remembering what they had said earlier, "this adeptus's needs during the whole exchange. I expect your full cooperation."

"What?! Why me?! And also, what ya' mean by adeptus?"

"Aww, lucky you, Mammon! I'm so jealous..." Asmodeus whined with a frown.

"Then if you're so jealous, then why don't you do it?! Also someone answer my question, dammit! The hells an adeptus?!"

"What? Hell no, too lazy. Also, to answer your question, [Name] here told us that they weren't a human and instead an adeptus," Asmodeus sighed as he rested his face against his hand, "not like I know what that is though."

"Actually, that is a good question, I've never heard of an adeptus before, would you care to explain [Name]? I've never read about them." Satan said as he looked at the adeptus.

"Why should I tell you anything about me?" Satan didn't expect that answer, causing him to irk.

"Excuse me?" a dark aura surrounded him. [Name] shook their head while they furrowed their brows.

"If you don't mind though [Name], it would help us understand you more if you informed us what you were, as I said earlier we don't have any malice towards you." Diavolo said with sincerity.

[Name] paused for a moment, then sighed. There wasn't really anything else they could do.

'Just for a year, if they try anything you can take them.'

"Fine."

Diavolo perked up with a happy aura surrounding them.

"I am an adeptus. My name is Adeptus [Name], or General Alatus. I signed a contract with the Geo Archon, Rex Lapis and have upheld it by protecting the land of Liyue and those who reside in it. I am no mortal, nor human like you all keep saying. I am a protector to those who can't protect themselves."

"Fascinating!" Diavolo commented.

"Woah, so you're saying you're not a human? Aren't we supposed to have a human exchange student?" Mammon questioned.

"Wow! Mammon actually said something smart!" Asmo said, shocked.

"Watch it!" the tan male growled.

"Well, if you were here earlier, Mammon, you would know why." Lucifer remarked, causing Mammon to give a small 'eep!" noise.

"Hey, from what I hear, [Name], you said you went by General Alatus, does that mean you're profound in war and battle?" Satan questioned.

[Name] nodded, "I am a protector of Liyue, to do that I fight. I fought in the Archon War, I fought for Rex Lapis, and I fight for the people of Liyue. My life is war. Every moment I'm able to, I fight. The reason is so that I don't break my contract. Anytime I hear a cry for help, I'm there."

"Did you say the Archon War?" Beelzebub questioned, his eyes widening some.

"Didn't that happen over 2,000 years ago?!" Asmodeus was shocked.

"Yes."

"Haha! Such a plain response!" Diavolo chuckled heartily, "Say, may I ask how old you are? It's funny that the students from the human realm are both Immortal!"

[Name] thought for a moment, "I don't know... All I know is that my existence is to protect." Diavolo frowned at the answer but nodded nonetheless.

"Well, since we know that they know how to fight then I shouldn't have to take care of them. Bye!" Mammon started to turn to leave before having his collar grabbed by Lucifer.

"Not so fast."

"Just give it up Mammon, There's no getting out of this. You know you can't refuse a direct order from Lucifer, correct?" Satan said as Mammon groaned.

"But why does it have to be me?! What about Beel, why can't he do it?!"

"This isn't a job we can entrust Beel with. We might as well be asking him to eat [Name]." Asmodeus frowned.

"Mm, yeah. I can't promise I wouldn't" Beelzebub said as he drooled, thinking of what he was going to eat when he got home.

"You're useless you know that?!" Mammon cried out.

Published: October 7, 2022
Edited: X