Chapter 6

"What is it? What're you looking at?" Levi questioned as he followed the adeptus's line of sight. Seeing what had captured the [Hair. C.] haired's attention caused Levi to shine in happiness.

"Wait, that looks like... The Tale of The Seven Lords! Are you a fan of that, too?!"

[Name] shook their head, "I do not participate in mortal leisure like the people of Liyue do. Though, from the passing travelers who talk, I've never heard of such a series."

Levi looked taken aback from their answer as he gasped and put his hand over his heart in grief, "...Excuse me? You don't know TSL? And you call yourself a human exchange student! Just how clueless are you?!"

The purple haired demon began to ramble on and on about how the adeptus was a disgrace for not knowing of the book series. Getting irritated, [Name] turned around and began to head towards the door as Levi continued with his lengthy speech. Right before they could open the door, a hand suddenly slammed on the wood causing [Name] to jump back a few feet to keep distance.

Levi was standing in front of the door with his hand retracting back to his jacket pocket, "Hey! Where do you think you're headed, I'm not done telling you about the TSL lore!"

"If this is all you brought me here to discuss your silly little books then I'll be leaving." [Name] irked.

'I could simply teleport out of here, though to waste energy around such powerful foes is not a good idea. I'm also still healing from my extreme power usage in the Chasm...' the adeptus thought as Levi huffed.

"Fine, I'll save my explanation on one of the best things in the universe for another time."  the yellow eyed demon blew some hair out of his eyes as he walked over to a bean bag and flopped down onto it, "All right, enough. This is starting to depress me. Anyway, I didn't bring you here to tell you about TSL. I don't think there's any harm in just coming out and saying what you already know is true: Mammon is a complete and utter scumbag. It's very important that you understand this. So I'll say it one more time-"

"Get to the point. I'm not gonna stay here and listen to you whine about your brother. You said you had an idea, now spill it. My patience is at its limit." [Name] spat causing the demon to gulp. From what he had read about the Adepti is that not all were too fond of idle chit-chat with many.

"Jeez, okay I'm getting there." Levi sighed, "I leant that scumbag money and now I want him to pay me back. But being the scumbag that he is, he won't do it. I wish I could force him to, but despite what a rotten waste of space he is, Mammon's still the second oldest. As the third oldest, no matter how hard I try, I don't stand a chance against him."

Levi then began another one of rambles as he told a story on how the two of the brothers became 'enemies'. Long story short, Mammon won a figurine of a character Levi loved very much, but when he asked for it, Mammon said no. Levi decided he'd take the figure for himself and snuck into Mammon's room while he was asleep one night. While he was looking for it, he found the figure still in its box on the floor covered in trash. In his anger, Levi decided it'd be a smart idea to try and kick the Avatar of Greed while he was asleep. Though what happened instead was that right before he could land his kick, Mammon woke up and slammed Levi down onto the floor headfirst causing him to black-out.

One of the main details that Levi thought was an amazing piece of information to share was that the whole time, Mammon was naked. Levi also informed that while he was blacking out, all he could think about was why his brother had to sleep in the nude.

"That's disgusting..." [Name] mumbled with a grossed out look. 'I bet if Aether and Paimon were here, Paimon would say something along the lines of 'EWW! TMI!' while Aether would just shake his head in disapproval.' [Name] imagined amused, though it hurt slightly to remember the blond. Or maybe that hurting was just their karmic debt acting out once more.