𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 | 𝟷𝟼 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

╔

╔. ■ .═══════╗

16 December 2005

FRIDAY

╚═══════. ■ .╝

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀 movie with Emma, and waiting for her to fall asleep, [y/n] and Mikey snuck out into the winter night.

The whining exhaust of the motorcycle began to cool down as Mikey slowed and inevitably stopped, kicking out the kick stand to allow himself and [y/n] to climb off.

The nightly breeze chilled the duo to their bones, and they silently moved close together as they sat down on the grass hill that overlooked a part of Shibuya. Clambering together, Mikey and [y/n] shared body warmth, and caused Mikey to unconsciously drop his head onto [y/n]'s shoulder.

Mikey and [y/n] observed the street and building lights that contrasted against the darkened backdrop, replicating the sea of stars that shone in the sky. Distant sounds of cars and nightly on goers chorused with the cricket's melodies, calming the duo. 

"What did you want to talk about," Mikey questions, his breath clouding up as he spoke.

[y/n] chewed the inside of her cheek, mulling over what Takemichi told her yesterday, before responding, "how are you doing Mikey; truely?"

Mikey didn't say anything for a while, and [y/n] almost assumed he fell asleep until he finally answered, "I'm fine," he quipped, tone almost exasperated.

Humming, [y/n]'s intuition told her otherwise of Mikey's mental state, "it's been pretty tough lately, and I know that you aren't 'just fine', because I can feel it and see it in your eyes," [y/n] counters.

Mikey shifted, placing his forehead against [y/n]'s shoulder bone to hide his face. [y/n] huffed out a sigh, craning her neck backwards to stare at the top of Mikey's hair, which was noticeably more oily and messy than usual.

[y/n] reached to grasp Mikey's shoulder, pushing him back to make eye contact. Deep, black circles contoured under his blood shot pupils, making [y/n]'s lips form a straight line.

Swivelling around, [y/n] sat directly in front of Mikey, crossing her legs. [y/n] reached for Mikey, placing her hand on either side of his cheeks, his flushing face warming the pads of her palms and fingertips.