Chapter 1

[I will try and update at least once a week but I have so many story ideas so I will probably have to split my writing time. Feel free to make comments and none of the photos are mine]

'Running we had to keep running.' Dani thought as she and Danny maneuvered the complex system of dark alleyways in Gotham. They were on the edge of the city and had just sighted the treeline when Dani yelled out in pain. More ecto-nobelium rays blasted around them. Danny hauled Dani to her feet and pushed her forward. "Go! Come on, run to the trees" he shouted. The appearance of the Men in White gave Dani enough energy to sprint into the trees with Danny close on her heals. "We can't keep running forever" Dani gasped out. "I know we just can't let them catch us. I won't go back" Danny said. Both teenagers shuddered at the thought of returning to Men in White headquarters. "I know me neither but they are closer than ever we need a plan" Dani responded. "Lets just try and lose them in the forest, we can think of a plan when we are out of here" Danny stated, and with that both halfas broke into a run.

The searing pain was becoming more and more painful as the ecto-nobelium worked its way through her body. Dani was ready to collapse from pain and exhaustion when she and Danny finally broke out of the cover of the trees. They stepped on to a well manicured lawn. In the distance the outline of a huge house could be seem. Danny and Dani smiled to each other, big houses meant empty rooms for them to hide. They cautiously approached the mansion from the side eager to find a quiet entry point so they could rest and eat. Suddenly the sound of helicopters filled the air. Danny and Dani shared a panicked look before running around to the front of the house. 'So much for a quiet entry' Dani thought 'oh well I just hope they let us in' ******************************************************************************* Dick was lounging around Wayne Manor, he had just got home after a mission with the Teen Titans, and was enjoying his vacation. Suddenly Dick heard rapid knocking on the front door. ' I was waiting for Alfred to get it but when it continued I remembered that Alfred was off with Bruce oversees' Dick thought. He got up off the couch to answer the door when he heard what sounded like gunshots, he sprinted to the door and threw it open. Two very tired and dirty teens bolted past him as soon as the door as open. "What are you doing here? Who are you?" Dick asked. The two teens looked hesitantly towards each other before looking up at him. "We.." the boy trailed off as he saw something over Dick's shoulder. Dick spun around and saw several men running towards the still open door. The men entered and drew their guns, Dick's training kicked in. He didn't know why these two teens were being chased by so many armed men but right now he didn't care. He attacked first sending one agent sprawling with a combo. While most of the agents' focus was still on the two teens a small group turned their attention to him. He took down three before one of the agent shot him in the back. It stung but not like any other bullet wound he ever got did. 'What the heck, what are those guns firing, cause it isn't bullets?' he thought as he finished off the small group of agents that had circled around him. He looked around analyzing the remainder of the treat and saw the two strange teen holding their own against a majority of the agents. He got closer knocking out agents as he went trying to get to the two teens who looked like they were ready to collapse. When only a handful of agents were left Dick thought the agents would retreat but instead all the agents focused their guns on the two strangers and fired. The strangers fell to the ground screaming. Dick was furious he channeled all his anger into fighting the remainder of the agents.

After pushing all of the unconscious bodies out the front door and shutting it Dick turned to the forms of the two unconscious teens. He gently picked up the girl first thinking she would be the easiest to carry. 'She is so light, she must be malnourished.' Dick thought 'Where should I take them? I can't show them the Batcave but I have to treat them' Dick finally decided to take them to a spare bedroom and bring up the medical equipment from the Batcave. When he went back to carry the boy he discovered as he picked him up that the boy was also unhealthily light. 'God they must be starving' Dick thought as he got ready to treat their injuries.

'Finally I'm done' Dick thought as he started to put away the medical supplies. 'These two have some of the worst injuries I have ever seen and that's just on their arms.' Dick was about to return to the Batcave when suddenly the girl sat up. 'Where am I? What happened?' Dani thought as she looked around the room scanning for threats. 'Oh no wheres Danny?' she thought and then sighed in relief when she saw him lying on a bed next to her. "Um who are you?" Dick asked. "Who are you?" Dani shot back. "I asked you first and since you came barging in here chased by armed agents you might want to tell me before I call them back?" Dick said getting frustrated. "Fine fine just don't call them back. I'm Dani" she responded quickly. "I'm Dick who is he"Dick asked. "Thats Danny" "Wait you have the same name?" "No I'm Dani with an i and he is Danny with a ny" Dani answered Dick's question. "So what did you do with the agents that attacked us" "Oh I shoved them all outside and secured the manor" Dick answered calmly. "Oh no oh no what time is it how long have I been out?" Dani asked in rapid fire. "Calm down you were only out for 30 minutes" "30 minutes! oh no we have to leave they will be back soon and they won't leave again without me and Danny" "Trust me no one can get through the Manor's security you will be safe" Dick told her trying to calm her down. "No no no you don't understand they can and will get through. They have more advanced weapons than any agency on earth there is no security that they cannot breach"

Suddenly a low rumbling could be heard followed by the march of hundreds of boots. The agents were coming and they brought back up.