The Glue Trap

"This Four thing is a real monster, huh...? It's becoming more and more ruthless with every episode!" Basketball mentioned from a distance, watching as Four blasted Stapy with their zappies, the red stapler reduced to ash. Basketball couldn't help but to be concerned, as all Stapy did was approach Four in anger for mutilating Foldy moments before...and the reason for her sudden death was entirely unnecessary as well. This alien creature appeared to feel little to no remorse for their actions, seeing the contestants as mere playthings that he'd eagerly punish and destroy if they were to step out of line.

This had to stop, and Basketball knew that, turning to 8-Ball to inquire what they should do. Before 8-Ball could reply, a mound of dirt came flying at the back of his head. He turned, spying Marker popping his head up from inside the large hole they'd dug up.

"Marker-" He said, attempting to grab his attention. "Stop that. We're trying to find out a way to get rid of Four." He stated sternly without much emotion, shaking the dirt off of his head as Marker pushed up out of the hole with a big grin on his face. "Oh! I know how we can get rid of Four!" Basketball blinked in disbelief. "...Really...? Well..." She trailed off, unsure if he would be too helpful. 8-Ball, however, lifted an inquisitive brow. "We're listening." He said, Marker dusting himself off. "When X and I were doing 'Dirt Arts 'n Crafts' they didn't want to glue the dirt because they said it was too much for their skin!"

"So..." Basketball wasn't sure where Marker was going with this. "So we just need to play 'Glue the Four' instead! Four can't hurt us if he can't move around!" He clarified, standing proudly with his hands on his hips. Such a brilliant idea. Basketball thought for a little longer. That seemed like a pretty archaic idea...

"I think the real solution might lie with Golfball. Let's just ask her." 8-Ball said, turning to go retrieve the small white ball who stood not too far away. Basketball bit her lip as the gears in her head turned even more. Sure, Marker's idea wasn't the most spectacular, but it was sure to be a better plan than ol' Bossy Bot Golfball could have come up with. Her plans never work. Dealing with a creature like Four that was capable of obliterating all of them with a snap of the fingers was a delicate situation. They could not risk losing.

She stepped forward, reaching a foot to place on 8-Ball's back to stop him from rolling off. "Wait- I think...we should actually try this. If X says glue would stop him, and he and Four are members of the same species, then that would probably be the best evidence to go off of for finding a solution." 8-Ball blinked. "I don't have a favorite number, but I don't have a favorite plan either, so let's do it."

"Great! Do you still have that glue, Marker? Could we borrow it?" Basketball inquired, Marker lifting the cap off of his head to proudly present the bottle. The large, yellow warning label on the back caught his eye and he squinted as he starts to read it.

WARNING: Do not swallow. Do not get in eyes. Do not breathe fumes. This product contains chemicals that have been known to rupture numeric membranes, resulting in serious injury or death.

Marker didn't know what all of that really meant, though it's not like he planned on eating it or pouring it into his eyes anyway. "What's a...numeric membrane?" He said aloud slowly, 8-Ball and Basketball not acknowledging his question as they head off to plan saving the rest of the contestants once and for all from Four's mighty wrath.

____________________________________

"You're sure this is what Four will like?" Basketball asked, looking down at the poster board placed in the grass, watching as Balloony scribbled random equations and numbers on it, Marker following up with the glue, squeezing copious amounts of the substance on top.