。*:°.•✯ Ch² ✯•.°:*。.

Heejin returned down the dim hallway to her flat, opening the door with trembling hands. When she entered, she simply leaned against the wall and let her thoughts flow.

After a busy day, she is now surrounded by an unearthly peaceful silence. She laughed at the difference between her life, where one moment she was in the midst of commotion and people, and the next she was alone in her apartment, listening to an eerie solitude.

She enjoys being alone, but what she despises is the loneliness that comes with it, or so she prefers to believe.
She abruptly stopped pondering and tossed her coat carelessly into the laundry basket before heading to the bathroom to freshen up.
She entered the shower and let the icy water flow down her body while keeping her eyes closed. She changed into one of her star-printed nightgowns after drying herself properly.

Since she was a kid Heejin has always been fascinated by stars and dreamed to become one, she developed the desire to live out that dream-albeit in a metaphorical sense.
The star, though, wasn't as dazzling any longer.

She walked over to the washing machine to place her dirty clothes. She removed the clothing from the laundry basket and picked up her coat to empty its pockets; then she noticed something strange.

It was stained with blood, which wasn't exactly a surprise, but what puzzled her was the blue and purple substance.
Curious, she proceeded to smell it and was overcome by the potent mixture of the smell of blood and an unfamiliar substance.
The coat had a bloody stench, which was only logical given the presence of blood, but the purple substance was definitely not paint.

Where could this possibly have come from?
Something solid fell to the ground with a clink as she fumbled with the clothing in her hands.It was the moon pendant from earlier. She knelt down to retrieve it.

Then, all of a sudden, it began to hum erratically, and she backed away from the object while hesitating.
An intense light emanated from the pendant, and a hologram screen with a scene resembling Nasburn emerged in front of her.

Everything was in ruins, people were scrambling about, and she could hear cries and shouts coming from a distance. Unexpectedly, a man, perhaps in his late 20s, appeared on the screen."Please, at all costs, return alive!...please."

The scene that ensued was terrifying. The man was grabbed by a repulsive creature that had four tentacles instead of hands and lifted him with one of them as the other three went through his stomach and skull. A blue liquid then gushed out of the man. Heejin nearly gagged at the scene unfolding in front of her; unable to witness it any longer, she tossed the coat in her hand over the top of the pendant, and the screen dissipated.

Heejin knelt down on the ground, perplexed, and a little disturbed by what she had just witnessed. She carefully takes off her coat, which had been put on top of the pendant, half expecting the screen to resurface. However, it stayed motionless and there was no light or random screen to be seen. She took it and examined it with her fingers.
She chuckled quietly to herself and thought, I guess I've finally gone nuts.

....

"NO! Please don't...Leia! Please, please leave her alone! I beg you!!! Please...' the teenage boy pleaded with every one of them present in the room, crying pathetically even as every inch of his body was in excruciating pain.

"It's fine, I'm okay..." the girl lying opposite his bed mouthed silently with a faint smile while bloodshot tears streamed down her cold pale face.
Then came the heartbreaking screams of the thirteen-Year-old girl, who was lying down with her hands tightly strapped to the bed.

'NO!' Namjoon jolted to reality, his breathing erratic, and beads of sweat forming on his forehead. He got out of bed to get some water after taking some time to settle his racing heartbeat.