sick

word count: 737

your pov

You listened to your boyfriend's soft, stuffed up, wheezing snores as you scrolled through TikTok, smiling when you saw an edit of you and him that some fan had made. It was titled Y/S/N, which you loved. You liked the video.

You set your phone down and scooted backwards into Tom. His arms were wrapped tightly around your waist and his face was in your hair. Your legs were a tangled mess. You closed your eyes and let yourself drift off.

RING RINGGGGGGGGGG! Your sleep was disturbed as your phone began to ring. RING RINGGGGGGGGGG! You heard Tom sigh discontentedly in his sick voice as you tried to free yourself from his grasp to grab your phone.

"No..." he groaned, and held your waist tighter, burying his face in your neck. You swatted at him as you continued to try to escape. His strong biceps flexed around you. Your phone stopped ringing, then started again. You flipped around and wriggled out of his grasp by pushing on his shoulders and worming your way out of his arms just enough to grab your phone off of the end table and pick it up to see your best friend calling you.

"Hey, y/n! Are you busy?" she asked. You sighed.

"There's a sick brit cuddling me and he won't let me go." Tom laughed raspily at this, and brought you back to your previous positon as you squirmed.

"Tom's such a baby," b/f/n teased.

"I heard that," Tom said in his croaky voice. You rolled your eyes.

"Believe me, I'm painfully aware of that fact," you replied, to which Tom gasped in mock offense, but his gasp quickly turned to a yawn. You giggled. "And he's a tired baby at the moment." You pulled your phone away from your face. "Tom, love, you need to sleep," you murmured, but the boy already had his eyes half closed. You stroked his hair for a minute until you felt his whole body relax. You slowly shuffled your body away from his and got off the bed, wandering into the kitchen to make him some soup and talk with b/f/n.

You talked to her for about half an hour whilst making the soup. You eventually hung up and opened Spotify, shuffling your playlist. Anyone Else by Joshua Bassett played first. You moved around the kitchen, listening to the song and softly humming, adding spices and vegetables and stirring. 

As you brought a spoonful of the soup to your lips, you felt a strong pair of arms wrap around your waist and hug you close. You set the spoon on the counter and turned yourself around, placing your hands on Tom's bare chest.

"Hi, love," you whispered, smiling up at him. His big brown eyes looked tired but happy. He kissed your forehead with a pleased sigh and you wrapped your arms around him, resting the side of your face on his chest.

"Are you making soup?" he asked sleepily, and you nodded against his chest. He hummed in contentment. The guitar intro of Until I Found You by Stephen Sanchez began to play and you put your arms around his neck. He started to sway the two of you as he rested his forehead on yours, his chocolatey eyes meeting yours and making you blush. 

"Why are you blushing, y/n?" he asked in his soft accent. His little smirk made your face go even pinker.

"You know exactly why, Holland," you replied, standing on tiptoes to peck his lips. He smiled into the kiss, and kept kissing when you tried to pull away. His palm found it's way to your still-rosy cheek as you tightened your grip around his neck. Eventually you both pulled away and he hugged you tightly. You buried your face in his chest, suddenly just as exhausted as your boyfriend. He kissed your hair.

"Do you want to cuddle some more?" he murmured. You nodded. He turned off the stove and scooped you up bridal style. You will never understand this boy's strength; even when he's sick he can still carry you around like it's nothing. He set you down on the bed and laid behind you, spooning you and holding you close with his arms around your waist. And that's how you fell asleep: chicken noodle soup long forgotten, wrapped up in the arms of the love of your life.

a/n: short but kinda sweet. got butterflies writing this. feelin rather single atm but live laugh love lol