babysitting pt2

word count: 1164

your pov

30 minutes later, you were sitting in the Maxwells' living room with Hadley, playing peek-a-boo when the door bell rang. 5 minutes early? Very unlike him, you thought. You opened the door.

"Hey, Holland, you're early. Missed me too much?" you teased. He rolled his eyes, but you couldn't help but notice his slightly pink cheeks.

"Not you, her," he said, reaching his hands out to the 5-month-old. She made a grabbing motion at him, and you handed her over, glad for the break. Your wrists were getting sore. Tom followed you into the living room, cooing and making faces at Hadley. Her giggles were adorable. You headed into the kitchen to get her some food. Tom was bouncing her on his knee, playing peek-a-boo and pat-a-cake, and lifting her up into the air. Hadley was having the time of her life, and so, it seemed, was Tom. You found yourself blushing watching them. He really was cute.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Hadley began to whimper, and that soon turned to tears. Tom tried shushing her and bouncing her on his hip, but nothing worked. You walked into the living room with a smirk on your face and he gave you a panicked look.

"Not as good with babies as you thought, huh Holland?" you joked, and he furrowed his brow in concern. 

"Did I hurt her? What did I do? What if I shook her too hard? Oh gosh what if it was the shaking," he worried, handing the still-wailing baby to you and running his hands nervously through his hair.

You laughed and sat her in the high chair, placing the bowl of yogurt on the tray and beginning to spoon feed her. "Chill out, Holland. She was just hungry," you said, and Hadley laughed. You wiped some yogurt off of her chin and she smiled at Tom.

"Why didn't you just say that?" he said, relieved but still shaken. You set the spoon down and turned towards him, placing your hands on your hips cockily.

"If you aren't cut out for babysitting, maybe you shouldn't be here, Holland," you remarked with a teasing smile.

"Enough of the sass, l/n," Tom said, lunging towards you. He threw you over his shoulder as you shrieked, tossing you onto the couch and tickling you until you couldn't breathe.

"TOM! OhmygOSH THOMAS PLEASE STOP!" you screamed. You tried to wriggle out of his grasp.

"Fine, fine, if you say so," he said, and relaxed his hold on you. You punched him in the shoulder, still giggling as Hadley laughed. Her yogurt seemed to have tipped over onto her tray while Tom was attacking you, so you picked the container and spoon up and tossed them in the sink. You handed a rag to Tom.

"This is totally your fault and you are definitely cleaning it up," you ordered, and Tom stuck out his lower lip and batted his eyelashes. You grabbed Hadley and walked into the living room. "Don't you dare try any of that stuff with me," you called. "And the rag goes into the sink when you're done."

5 minutes later, Tom sat on the couch next to you as you swiped through Netflix. Hadley was clearly getting tired, so you offered her to Tom. He scooted closer to take her, and you felt your arms brush. Your face turned a shade of pink, but you didn't make eye contact so hopefully he wouldn't see. 

You decided to watch Gilmore Girls, an old favorite and something that would definitely put the 5-month-old to sleep. You were feeling sleepy yourself, and so was Tom, apparently. He was beginning to nod off. Hadley was laying on his chest and he had his arm around her to keep her secure. You smiled, feeling butterflies erupt in your stomach for the hundreth time that night. 

You watched to the end of the episode, then stood up, which jolted Tom awake. Hadley started to cry, and he quickly shushed her, but it didn't have much effect. You took her from him.

"Nice job, Holland," you remarked, walking upstairs to her room and humming to calm her down. She began to drift off again, and you stood next to her crib, rocking her back and forth. Tom wandered into the room and stood next to you, watching her eyelids droop. Once you were sure she was asleep, you laid her down in the crib and draped the blanket over her small body.

"She's adorable," Tom whispered, in awe.

"And she's not yours. Don't get too attached, Holland," you replied, but he seemed kind of sad. You laughed and pulled him out of the nursery.

"You know, you're pretty good at this whole babysitting thing," Tom said, taking the bowl from you and drying it off. You blushed.

"You also don't completely suck," you responded, to which he whacked you with his towel.

"Don't sass me, l/n," he retorted, and you laughed.

"I guess it's just in my nature," you said still scrubbing at a spoon.

"Well then it's in my nature to be excellent at taking care of babies."

"You wish, Holland," you replied, and he gasped in mock offense before taking the spoon out of your hands and tickling you again. You tried to back up but you hit the counter.

"TOM you have to stop you're goiNG TO WAKE HER UP," you whisper screamed, giggling.

"Fine, fine," he said, laughing and letting go. It was then that you realized your faces were inches apart. Your chests were touching and he had a hand on the counter on either side of your body. You looked into his gorgeous brown eyes, blushing furiously.

He smirked. "Something wrong, y/n?" He knew exactly what he was doing to you. You decided you weren't going to be shy about it.

You wrapped your arms around his neck and kissed him. He put his hands on your hips and kissed back, intensifying it. You pulled away for breath and rested your forehead on his. He smiled at you as you bot took in what had just happened.

"You're bolder than I thought, y/n," he laughed. Your heart was still going a million miles a minute and your cheeks were definitely racecar red.

"You're cuter than I thought, Tom," you replied, and it was his turn to blush.

"I'm guessing her parents are going to come home soon," he said, pulling away from you and turning so he was standing next to you against the counter.

"Yup," you replied. You rested your head on his shoulder, the exhaustion of the day finally getting to you. He laid his head on yours.

"Do I haveeee to leave?" he asked.

"Mhm. Don't cry too much, Holland," you teased.

"No promises, beautiful," he replied. He kissed your cheek and headed out the door. The butterflies in your stomach were practically small birds by now, and you knew your cheeks could not possibly get any redder. You smiled to yourself, touching your cheek.

What a night.

a/n: what do we think of part two?? also pls comment requests/suggestions bc i need them lol and vote if u liked it <3