Home Visit

Saul was in front of the grand entrance that led into the main building of Alfea. The thunderstorm had subsided in the meantime. Now there was a bitter chill in the air, which gave the specialists goosebumps. Saul exhaled and followed the little cloud that formed from his mouth and slowly disappeared into the cold night air. He and Farah had pointed out that he and a few specialists should go to Riley's aunt's house. There were enough reasons and clues that the beginning of everything mysterious that they had been dealing with for several hours was there. Farah had informed him that Riley's aunt Margaret was unavailable. In addition, Riley only remembered going to bed on Friday. Everything else was gone and the next thing she knew was that she woke up at the stone circle on Monday. If those two facts weren't reason enough to stop by her aunt's house.

And now the specialist was waiting outside for reinforcements. Sky, Riven and Kat were the first three people Saul contacted. He knew they would be right there. But as he stood there lonely in front of Alfea and enjoyed the last few minutes of rest, he concentrated on his emotions. On the one hand, his heart was still full of love from the last few minutes with Farah. But on the other hand, he felt a great weight on his shoulders. He felt a change in the atmosphere. The more he concentrated on that feeling, the more he realized that his instincts were trying to tell him something. Something dangerous lay ahead. Saul just knew.

The sound of footsteps pulled Saul out of his thoughts. He turned to the entrance and saw Riven, Kat, Sky and... Bloom? He certainly hadn't notified her. Farah followed shortly behind. After all, she had to open the portal to London.

"Glad you were able to set it up so quickly. But Bloom, what are you doing here?" Saul looked at her with raised eyebrows. His gaze briefly shifted to Sky, who was staring at the stone floor beneath his feet, ignoring Saul's stare.

"I was with Sky when you informed him. And I figured out that I can help, too! I've also asked Headmistress Dowling and she didn't mind!" Bloom smiled nervously in Saul's direction and played with her hands. Saul just nodded and quickly looked at Farah, who just shrugged her shoulders in amusement. Bloom still felt guilty about Rosalind and everything that had happened because of her. So, she seems to have made it a point to help Saul and Farah any way she can.

"Okay. Let's go then." Saul turned around, walking in the direction where the specialist's cars stood. Within minutes, everyone involved was in the car and driving to the edge of the barrier surrounding Alfea. After all, they had to be outside the barrier to open a portal. Farah sat next to Saul, who drove the vehicle, while Sky, Kat, Riven and Bloom squeezed into the second row. The few seconds it took for the short distance was shrouded in silence. A certain tension lay on the specialists and the two fairies. But just before the car came to a stop, Farah broke the silence.

"We are there. Do me a favor and try not to draw too much attention to yourselves." With that, she turned on her seat around and looked straight into Bloom's eyes. Farah tilted her head slightly forward, raising both eyebrows. Bloom was known for drawing attention to herself. Although this was mostly unintentional, the young fairy was a master at getting into trouble. Bloom just grinned shyly and looked away in embarrassment. Sky gave her a sideways smile and nudged his girlfriend with his elbow.

"We'll pay attention." Confirmed Sky. The car came to a stop. Except for Farah and Kat, everyone stayed in the car. Kat moved from the back row to the front passenger seat. Meanwhile Headmistress Dowling walked next to the car and opened a portal that led to London. Bloom watched her through the side window and was amazed. A kind of wall with a passageway formed in front of her. Saul took a deep breath and let it out before restarting the car. He threw one last look at Farah, who was holding the portal up with her magic. But she felt her partner's eyes on her and turned her head slightly to him. When their eyes met, she gave him a shy smile and whispered, "Be careful", to him. Saul nodded.