ch. 2

🜂

'9-1-1, what's your emergency?'

"This is Captain Ward with the 147. Um...our station is on fire."

'I'm sorry?'

"My station is on fire! Can you please just send somebody?!"

'Yes! Uh..ye-yes, help is on the way. Is anyone still inside?'

'Nope, my whole team is outsid- LUZ, GET BACK HERE!'

***

The whole team of the 147, including the main six were standing in the middle of the street, looking across the way as their entire fire station was engulfed in...well, fire.

Luz was standing between Captain Henry Ward and Marlene, Jaden and Anja on his other side while Libby was on the other side of her. None of them were saying anything as they just stared but a small snicker broke the silence.

All of them looked over to the crazy haired woman, Marlene, just as she doubled over with laughter.

Ward, stone faced as ever, said, "Really? Now?"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry- but-" Her words were cut off momentarily with more overspilling laughter before continuing with, "It's just so funny! A fire house that's on fire! It's-it's irony!"

Anja just gave her a few pats on the back with her lips pressed together.

Ward pulled out his phone instead of using his radio, as it was inside, and called 911. "This is Captain Ward with the 147. Um...our station is on fire." There was a pause as the woman on the other side spoke before he continued and said out of frustration, "My station is on fire! Can you please just send somebody?!"

There was another pause, the same pause in which Luz remembered something very important that they had left inside.

"Oh my God, Peggy!" Without thinking, she started running towards the building.

"Nope, my whole team is outsid- LUZ, GET BACK HERE!" She heard her captain yell after her but she was already jumping over a fallen wood plank and inside the burning fire station.

Ward pinched the bridge of her nose, eyes closed shut and a heavy sigh leaving his mouth. Libby and Jaden stood on the other side of him, arms crossed over their chests.

"That's Luzi for you." Libby said, watching.

"At least she was wearing a coat this time."

A few minutes later, the sirens of a fire truck pulling up sounded throughout the air with the crackling sound.

"Finally." Anja said happily.

The doors opened and slammed as the firefighters jumped out.

"Oh, you've got to be fucking kidding me." Ward had seen the captain of the 118.

Bobby paused when he saw him as well. He looked between the other captain and the burning fire station a few times before he broke into laughter. Henry's deadpan look as he stared at him almost cracked when he saw the way the 118 team was looking at their captain.