Part II Chapter 4: Truths Unraveled

Vietnam looked between France and her brother, who seemed more tenacious and put himself out to be handsome by his outward body language. Vietnam mimicked France's motions and licked the ice cream, tasting the sweetness and gasping silently in delight. He had never once tasted a delicacy like this before, and of course France was to be the one who introduced it to him. Vietnam couldn't describe how grateful he was for France, and he just hugged her whilst she stood and death-glared her brother, wrapping a singular arm around her hips and then going back to eating his icecream. 

     France forced a grin, her eye twitching as she raised her eyebrows and smiled, mildly-threateningly straining out the words,

"Brother. How nice it is to see you. How are you on this fine..."

     France would look up, almost poetically. She just gazed up at the hazy clouds and vivid sky that was above her, almost as if she was seeking it out for some ancient escape. But nothing ever came.

"...Evening."

     She said hesitantly, meeting her brother's eyes. She didn't seem hurt, she didn't precisely seem scared even. She seemed, distant. Vietnam looked in her blank eyes, and he couldn't see the caring France that he had seen five minutes ago. It's like she wasn't the same woman. 

"I'm great, sister! I never thought I'd see you out again, I must say,"

     France's brother said with a smirk, doing a sarcastic yet humorous bow as he looked over at Vietnam, he stared into his eyes for a moment. Vietnam's heart sunk as he wondered if he had figured out who he truly was. Just then, France turned his attention back unto her as she sat down across from Vietnam. 

"Well, things change you know,"

     She said irritably , taking a spoon and eating her ice cream in silence. Vietnam looked over at France, who seemed to be quieter than usual. He could feel her brother's gaze upon him, and he could feel sweat running down his brow as he cleared his throat. He stood up, walking to the bathroom away from the mournful France and her brother. As he opened the door to go and entered, walking to the sink to wash his face. The dim lighting of the room differed from the lighting outside. 

What Vietnam sadly didn't know, is that shortly after he stood up, France's brother, Northern France, was on his tail following him.