𝚙𝚞𝚝 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚎 | 𝟸𝟺 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

[A/N]  shorter chapter; readying for
the long one next :)

[A/N]  shorter chapter; readying forthe long one next :)

╔. ■ .═══════╗

24 December 2005

SATURDAY

╚═══════. ■ .╝

[y/n]'s pov

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐅𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐃 thickly warm air; which greatly contrasted the biting cold that came with the downpour of white icy snow residing outside.

Paper cut outs of snowflakes hung around the cafe along with varying Christmas decor, lights glowing a marigold as people filtered in and out, getting hot drinks and pastries to warm their numbing fingers.

Taking another glance at Takemichi passed Chifuyu, I took notice on how his form was hunched over and eyes deeply swollen, and I couldn't help but to speculate where her got his bruising cheek from. 

Hanma leaned forwards on the opposite side of the table we resided at, placing his elbows on the wood to balance his chin in his left palm, "what's with the tears, crybaby? Isn't Christmas supposed to be the season of cheer?" Hanma ridiculed, smirk growing at each word that passed his lips. 

Beside Hanma, Kisaki raised his palm, and I assumed it was a signal for Hanma to shut up.

On my right, I heard an angry sigh pass out from Chifuyu, who was huddled deep in his beige winter coat – obviously not fond of the below freezing temperatures. 

"Here's the plan for tomorrow night," Kisaki began, brows furrowing while using his index finger's knuckle to lift his glasses further up the bridge of his nose, "I believe Hakkai will attack Taiju in the church, knowing that it is the only time he will be completely alone, so we will wait for Taiju outside the chapel while Hakkai will be inside anticipating his arrival."

I lent back into my chair, lifting my finger to my chin in thought, "Takemichi will be tasked to reason with Hakkai, I assume," I cut in, and Kisaki nodded his head once in agreement.

"The rest of us will be on Taiju duty," Hanma continues, an eerie grin curling at the thought of a fight.

"Be there no later than 8," Kisaki states, pushing back from the cafe table and getting up from his seat.

Hanma follows suit, wandering slowly behind Kisaki's retreating form. He sent one last mocking wave, and a quick wink my way, before exiting out into heavy deluge of snow.

I held back a grimace, eyes gazing after the pair from the window, until their forms were completely engulfed in the crowds of people.

"Not sure what you did before the meeting; but use your anger to motivate you tomorrow," Chifuyu says towards Takemichi, who continued to look deep in thought.

Passing along a confident smile Takemichi's way, I made a hum of agreement.

In return, Takemichi gave both myself and Chifuyu a head nod. Chifuyu lent forwards, wrapping both his arms over Takemichi's and my own shoulder, bringing our bodies closer together. 

I wrap my arm around Chifuyu's waist; reciprocating the side hug. 

"Although what we have to do tomorrow isn't what I envisioned my Christmas to include; I hope you both have a merry Christmas," Chifuyu says, his crystal blue eyes meeting my own at his wishes. 

"Yeah! You too," Takemichi replied more enthusiastically, mood brightening slightly. 

I huffed a small laugh through my nose, "merry Christmas for tomorrow, too," I agree, giving Chifuyu a small squeeze. 

| 560 words |