𝚍𝚎𝚞𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚖𝚢 𝟻:𝟷𝟽 | 𝟸𝟻 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

╔

╔. ■ .═══════╗

25 December 2005

SUNDAY

╚═══════. ■ .╝

𝐇𝐀𝐊𝐊𝐀𝐈 𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 backrest of the hard wooden pew, indigo eyes full of conflict. The mellowing winter storm outside sent waves of chills throughout his bones. 

The moonlight pierced through the breaking clouds, illuminating the fragmented stained glass full of stagnant icons of years past.

Although a heavy weight rested on Hakkai's shoulders, possibilities of his future causing his hands to become clammy, he didn't feel remorse. 

Remorse for imagining how his own brother's blood would soak so deep into his palms that the maroon would stain, and forever be a reminder that murder was the only way he thought he could protect his sister.

Hakkai shifts his eyes to stare at the largest glass panel centre of the church. The figure depicted a spiritual agony, its arms held outwards, stapled to a large cross. 

"Forgive me," Hakkai mutters, eyebrows crossing together as he spoke.

Behind him, the large doors to the church opened, the thick wood echoing out. Hakkai's heart thumped so hard against his chest, he thought his ribs would burst open, only to turn to realise that it wasn't his brother who entered.

"Hakkai-san!" Takemichi calls, his posture holding confident as he strode in. 

Hakkai's expression dropped, mouth turning downwards, "why are you here?" He questions, voice coming out soft.

"I'm here to stop you from killing Taiju," Takemichi replies, while he reluctantly admits to himself that Kisaki's deductions of Hakkai's plan reigned true. 

"I told you my plans for my own resolve," Hakkai states, betrayal forming anger within himself, "if you attempt to stop me, Takemichi, I will kill you too."

Takemichi shook his head, chest tightening at the threat, "you know, sharing one's worries indicates indecisiveness," he points out, taking a pause before continuing, "I understand that you feel trapped by Taiju's abuse, leaving you feeling like murder is the only way out, but choosing murder will not protect Yuzuha."