♡︎ 𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖮𝖭𝖤 ♡︎

♪ Yeah, I wanna dance                     With somebody who loves me ♪ ~ Whitney Houston "I Wanna Dance with Somebody"

Yeah, I wanna dance
With somebody who loves me
~ Whitney Houston
"I Wanna Dance with Somebody"

Vanessa

"Nessa!" My older brother, Lee, shouts, swinging open the door to my bedroom.
"What's up, Lee?" I mutter, refusing to peel my eyes from the pages of Quidditch Through the Ages.
"Where are my Gryffindor socks?" He walks over to me before shoving his hand in front of my page to get my full attention.
"What Gryffindor socks?" I sigh, this time looking up at him.
"The knee-high, stripy ones that you always say look ridiculous on me." He describes.
"Oh, those ones... they do look ridiculous on you," I smirk, "but I don't have them."
"You do! You borrowed them sometime over the summer!" He accuses, his voice rising.
I shrug my shoulders. "I don't think I did, but I'll have a look for you."
"Find them!" He huffs, storming out of my room and slamming the door behind him.
"Wow. Feeling dramatic today, are we Lee?' I mutter.

I get out of my chair and walk over to my chest of drawers in the corner of my large bedroom. I slowly start sifting through each draw, checking for my stupid brother's stupid socks. I look in every drawer, in my wardrobe, under my bed, and even in my dirty laundry for them, but come up empty-handed.

The truth is, I do remember borrowing a pair of long, Gryffindor-coloured, stripy socks, but I have no idea where I left them.

I push the thought away and look over to the centre of my room, where a near-empty leather trunk sits open on the grey carpet.

All I've managed to pack for school so far is my broom. I got the Firebolt new last Christmas, but the Triwizard Tournament called off the Quidditch House Cup last year, meaning I am yet to play a game atop my broom.

I joined the Gryffindor house quidditch team in my third year as a chaser. I'm pretty good, too. I've been practicing throughout the summer, whenever I get the opportunity.

My family and I live in an area inhabited predominantly by Muggles, so flying around on a broomstick would not be taken lightly by the Ministry of Magic.

The only times I get to practice Quidditch are when we visit the Weasley family in Ottery St. Catchpole. The fields surrounding the crooked Burrow are the perfect opportunity for a game or two.

My family and the Weasleys have been close for as long as I can remember. Arthur and my father, Peter, went to Hogwarts together and then onto the Ministry as partners, before my father was moved up to the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, while Arthur Weasley opted for placement in the Misuse of Muggle Artefacts Office.

While I don't hang around them too much at school, I get along perfectly with all the Weasley siblings. Lee, Fred and George are thick as thieves, and so despite being friendly with the twins, I often hang out with Ginny and Ron when we're not all in a big group in order to get away from Lee.