♡ CHAPTER FOUR ♡

♪ Right from the start I gave you my heart                              So don't go breaking my heart  ♪~ Elton John "Don't Go Breaking My Heart"

Right from the start I gave you my heart
So don't go breaking my heart
~ Elton John
"Don't Go Breaking My Heart"

Vanessa

⚠︎︎ Some readers may be triggered by scenes bordering Sexual Assault ⚠︎︎

  "It said Slytherin." I hear the words Mei says, though it doesn't really sink in until Draco's eyes find mine.
"I'll keep an eye out," He mimes, and I know he will.
"Thank you," I mime back.

Look, I have nothing against Slytherins, my own boyfriend is one, and some of my closest friends. But you have to admit, they do have a certain stigma about them.

It will be fine. She will be fine. I sigh. Not all Slytherins are the same. Not all Slytherins are Tom Riddle.

The Slytherin students jump to their feet, stamping and clapping a cheering for their newest member. I catch a glimpse of Lee's face, his expression a mix of disbelief, alarm and disgust. I look back over at Posie, who looks just as shocked as Lee.

That night in bed, I can't sleep. I can't stop thinking about Posie. I think of her huddled in her new dorm. At least Dracos there, I know he will look out for her.

I finally accept that tonight I will barely sleep, I am restless. I get out of bed and slide my feet into my fluffy bunny slippers. I shuffle quietly out of my dorm and down the stairs to the common area, and sit on the couch.
"Hi."

My heart lurches and my eyes widen before my head whips around, trying to locate the source of the voice. Fred - or George - Weasley sits on an armchair thirty feet away. The light from the fire doesn't reach that far, and I can only just make out his features in the darkness.

"Which one is it?" I ask the twin.
"Starts with 'F'. Ends with 'red'." He chuckles.
"Oh! Hey Fred. Why are you up?" I ask.
"Just thinking. How about you?"
"Same actually," I reply, my voice trailing off. Neither of us speak for a moment before he breaks the silence.
"She'll be okay," He says, with a certain tone of understanding to his voice.
"Huh?"
"She'll be okay," He repeats, and I know he knows how worried I am about Posie.

I sit on an ottoman next to him and kick my feet onto the arm of his chair.
"Interesting," he chuckles, poking my bunny rabbit slippers.
"Haters gonna hate," I shrug, and he laughs again.

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

"What's your next class?" I ask Pansy Parkinson as we walk swiftly through the bustling halls of the castle with our arms linked.
"Potions," she says, glancing at her timetable.
"Me too." I smile.
"Partners?" She slams her binder closed and looks over at me expectantly, smiling.
"Of course."