Chapter 4

So, I'm really enjoying writing about Peter and Claire. I think they have a very different kind of relationship then what I'm used to writing because they aren't instantaneous mates so it's been fun to think of things to bring them closer. I have a lot of things in store for them so please bare with me on the long waits. I do sincerely apologize for how long I go between updates.

Thank you to everyone who reads/fans/comments/votes and thanks especially for being patient with me.

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar errors)

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Chapter 4

Peter

                I don’t know why I did it.

                It was against my very new nature to get up and shower and get dressed in clean clothes and go out for something other than alcohol. It was against my newfound attitude to be intrigued by something, by someone, and spending time with another female was definitely against my promise to Ariel to stay alone for the rest of my life.

Yet here I was.

Standing in front of my closet freshly showered and with my hair still damp, I debated my reasons for agreeing to go to dinner with Claire. I could come up with no real reason other than the fact that something about this woman interested my wolf. Since Ariel had died my wolf was content to stay in the background wallowing in his grief. One look at this raven haired stranger and he had suddenly come alive with curious interest. The fact that Claire affected my wolf unnerved me enough to accept her dinner invitation without thinking it through.  All I had to do was make it through a short, hour long dinner and I’d be rid of her. It shouldn’t be so hard.

Choosing dark jeans and white shirt, I quickly got dressed before sliding on a grey jacket. It wasn’t anything fancy but anyone would agree that I looked better than I normally did. I paused for a moment just as I reached out to grip the doorknob. My wolf was pacing cautiously around the contours of my mind, eager to find out more about the woman standing in the living room.  I allowed myself a moment to remind him that this was a one-time dinner and that he shouldn’t be feeing any attachments to her.

“It took you long enough.” Claire muttered as I stepped out of my bedroom.

Her thoroughly tousled hair trailed down over her right shoulder while her forest green eyes regarded me coolly. The deep green of her eyes reminded me of the vibrant shades of emerald present on the leaves and moss in the woods, even more striking just after it rained. Just staring at her eyes gave me the urge to go for a run in the woods and revel in the lush greenness surrounding me.

“Stop staring at me. I hate when people stare at me.” Claire snapped, scowling. I grinned and shook my head.

“You have no problem calling people out.” I deduced aloud.

“Well why would I sugar coat things? I don’t have enough time in my day to do that so I call it like I see it.” She gripped her no  doubt designer purse closer to her before starting for the door. “Let’s go.”