Chapter 5

It's March! (Almost April)

My eyes widened comically when I saw when I had last updated. I swear I try to update at least once every weekend and it feels like I just updated a story when I look at the date and realize it's been so long. I apologize, as always, for the long wait.

Thank you to everyone who reads and votes and comments and fans because it really does mean a lot to me and if I had more time I would write and update more often. For now though, thank you for continuing to be patient and support me. 

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes)

(There's a line or two in Spanish and I am not an expert on the language so sorry if it's wrong. After she says the line, she repeats it in English so for those who don't speak it you don't have to look it up)

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Chapter 5

Claire

                “I’ve always wanted to do that.” I breathed, an exhilarated smile on my face.

                “Run out of a fancy restaurant?” Peter asked dryly as we exited the yellow taxi cab.

                “No, jump in a cab and shout go. Even though I wasn’t the one to say it, it was still fun to do.”  I grinned again and mentally checked that off my bucket list.

Peter looked at me strangely and pursed his lips.

“You don’t get out much do you?” He inquired, laughing when I shoved him.

“So where are we?” I asked, looking around.

We’d ridden in the taxi for a good twenty minutes with Peter instructing the driver where to go before we were let out in one of the greasier parts of town. It wasn’t as bad as some places in New York City but it certainly wasn’t the sleek, business rich part I resided in. The streets were lit fairly well, filled with a few late night residents while the offices were darkened, already closed for the day. While the area was kind of worn down, it had a certain rustic charm to it. It seemed as if it were one of the few places left in the city that hadn’t given in to the pressure of modernizing into steel high risers and instead opted to keep the weathered red bricked buildings.

“A place I’m sure you never would have come to if I hadn’t dragged you here.” Peter replied evasively. I opened my mouth to argue but then thought better of it. All you had to do was look at my business attire to guess on any normal day I would be seen in uptown New York instead of the grungy destination Peter had taken me.

“Fine, if you aren’t going to tell me where we are can you at least tell me where we’re going?” I asked.

                “You said you were going to buy me dinner. I’ll hold you to that.” Without another word, Peter marched forward.

I stifled the grin that was threating to take over and followed him. I walked a few feet behind him and once again couldn’t help but let my gaze travel over him. He was certainly a handsome man to look at. Strong but lean, angular but still ridiculously sexy. I caught myself before I went further. Never did I think of someone as sexy and yet every time I looked at Peter that was the word that came to mind. My wolf purred deep within me, gladly soaking in my blatant staring at Peter’s back. Something about him got her into her rarely seen hussy mode which made it difficult for me to think rationally around him.

“I know I’m good looking but you don’t have to stare at me so much.” Peter threw me a wink over his shoulder and laughed at my flushed complexion.