33- Wake Up -33

A/N: So so sorry! Wattpad glitched and only uploaded half of the last chapter! Luckily I had the whole thing saved on Ao3 so I copy pasted it here. If it seemed like an abrupt end, go back and check it's all there. It should end with a Mysterion monologue, not Chaos dialogue. Also, sorry for being gone so long! I'm back at it again though and ready to make more chapters sooner rather than later, so get ready!

(Tw: vomit)

Kenny shot up in a cold sweat, making no sound.

What the hell just happened?!

He asked himself that question, though he didn't know why because he knew exactly what happened. He'd died, hadn't he?

Nausea overtook him and he ran to the bathroom, puking up what was left in his stomach from yesterday.

Kenny, shaking, stood up and leaned against the sink, wiping away the dirt from the long unused mirror and looking at himself, after all it had been a while. A tried boy looked back at him. His own dull blue eyes stared blearily on. His hair was messy and knotted, he had on a tired expression, like he hadn't slept in months... wait.

Kenny quickly ran back into his room, ignoring the sickening feeling rising in his throat. He grabbed his phone and turned it on, squinting at the bright screen. Once his eyes adjusted to the light, Kenny looked at the time. 4:02 AM. Then, he looked at the date, the part he was dreading.

Last he checked it was the 20-something-ish of April.

His eyes flickered down to the date on the lock screen.

28th of May.

"What." He said audibly. He felt tears prick at the corners of his eyes. No way. No way...

That couldn't be true! But he knew it was, because it'd happened before. He'd been asleep for an entire month once before. But it didn't freak him out then. He was only 9 or so.

Kenny didn't care that it was 4 AM, he didn't care that it was dark outside and he could get ambushed again, and he didn't care that there was a snow storm. Kenny put on his clothes, put on his parka, grabbed his phone and keys and ran out of that house and all the way to Tolkiens.

Kenny slowed down as he approached the gate. The security guard looked at him with a disapproving look. Kenny pleaded with his eyes to be let in as he walked up.

"Name?" The guard asked. "I need to get-" "Name." The guard said firmly. Kenny paused before sighing softly, his breath lingering in the cold air.

"K-Kenny McCormick." He said. "Oh." The guard said, rolling his eyes "A McCormick. What are you doing trying to get inside the Black family's home at 4 in the morning?" He asked. Kenny let out a quiet sob, the sound muffled by his coat. "I-I just need to see my friend..." he said. "Didn't Tolkien say to let me in or something??" He asked frantically. The guard rolled his eyes again and opened the gate. Kenny dashed inside and to Tolkiens front door. He knocked so hard that his knuckles stung. "Tolkien??" Kenny asked.

Finally, after what felt like forever, the large front door finally opened. Kenny let out a breath he didn't know he was holding in. He saw Tolkien emerge from the light inside, a startled but relived expression graced his features. "Kenny! You're..." he said slowly.

Kenny knew that this was it.

"You're back." Tolkien said. "So you were telling the truth..." he said. Kenny's eyes filled with tears of relief and he smiled that signature smile of his. Tolkien smiled back until he suddenly remembered the snow outside. "Come in dude, it's freezing." Tolkien said, ushering him inside. He gave the security guard a thumbs up before closing the door.