How could you?

Chapter 4..

-trigger warning-

mentions of sexual abuse

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

rumors are rumors. You can't always believe them...

I had finally arrived at the daycare. It was as lively and chaotic as it ever could.

Children where running up and down the halls. some were checking in at the front desk whilst others were playing with the toys in the waiting area. I went behind the desk to be greeted by one of my work friends.

I had gone to the back to check in for the day as I overheard one of my coworkers gossiping about something.

"Hey, did you hear about y/b/n L/n getting kicked out of their house?"

"No I didn't. What happened? "

"I heard that he was caught sexually assaulting y/n's best friend while they were out for dinner. they said he's going to be with his grandparents until it's been sorted out."

"Woow. Sexually assaulting someone? That's low even for me, and people say I'm a pervert."

"Think of what the parents must have felt when they caught him doing that."

"Forget the parents, what did y/n think?" I could feel their stares penetrating through my back when they said that.

He was being sent to our grandparents? Well.. Honestly serves him right, plus our grandparents are very strict so he'll have a pretty good bad time there.

I honestly felt relieved that he was going away.. I don't think I want him being near Annie anymore after that.

I went to the back of the daycare to call my dad though, just to confirm if he actually was moving out. Cant always believe rumors that easily.

Ring... Ring...

"Hey dad?"

"Hey kiddo, how did you sleep? Is Annie okay?"

"I slept fine, dad. And Annie is all good now. She's currently at work though. I just wanted to ask, I heard from my coworkers that y/b/n is moving to peepaw and mee-maws?"

"Yes, it has been decided that he'll be leaving the house later this evening. He won't be coming back until he's learned and regret what he's done. "

"okay just wanted to confirm, thanks dad. I got to go, my shift is starting soon."

"Alright when will you be home, kiddo?"

"I'll probably be back later to get a spare change of clothes. I'm planning on staying at Annie's for maybe 2 more days, or until I know she's feeling better."

"Alright I'll see you soon then kiddo, love ya"

"love you too, dad."

I hung up as a huge wave of relief flushed through my body as i went inside to start my shift.

I honestly love working with kids. Sure they can be gremlins and could cause a lot of chaos, but it's pretty wholesome to see the times when they play together and actually get along. Plus they're cute as fuck, how could I not resist?

The day went by pretty smoothly, we only had to deal with the Karen that comes by once a week. Safe to say, I was satisfied with today's pay. 250 bucks a week is pretty nice.