Somebody's in a playful mood.

Chapter 5..

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

I'll get to escape this nightmare, even just for a few hours..

I woke up to the sounds of faint snoring. Looks like she came back home safe, that's good.

I went ahead and slowly got out of bed, avoiding waking her up. I went downstairs to the kitchen to fix us some breakfast.

I had decided on making some waffles and pancakes with a side of bacon.
As I was making the batter, I heard footsteps coming from the stairs followed by a loud yawn.

"Good morning bunny, did you sleep well?" I asked.

"Mhm. Quick question, what day is it today?"

"Sunday?"

"Sorry, I meant date"

"oh, uh.. I think it's may 28th? Yea, graduation was 2 days ago."

"Okay, thanks. "

"why'd you ask? Got any plans soon? "

"uhm.. Yea?? I guess you can say that? "

"Uhuhh. say, were you working late again? I stayed up until 11 and you weren't home yet."

"Yeah.. I got home past midnight. We're so close to finishing the vr game so the company had us work extra hours to get it done quicker."

"I just hope you'll be getting some sleep in at least" I expressed in a worried tone.

"Don't worry about me, sunshine. Hey, what's with the luggage?" She asked seeming a bit concerned.

"My parents and I had an argument about y/b/n, so I decided that I'd just move out instead. I'm going to find a place soon so I won't have to bother you, With me living here and all.."
I decided not to go into further detail since I didn't want to be crying first thing in the morning.

"Sunshine, you're always welcome in my home. You're not a bother, and honestly I like the company.
I can set you up a proper place for you to sleep, unless you want to keep sleeping in my room, I have no objections~"

"I swear to God Annie, you use that confession to tease me too much"

"whaatt? Your reactions are cute" She whined in a playful manner.

"and I thought you were straight"

"who said sexuality can't change overtime~?"

"I-"

I quickly hid my flushed face as I went to cook the pancakes.

"Alright. Alright, I'll quit teasing you sunshine." She grinned, satisfied with my reaction.

"Somebody's in a playful mood today."

"What? I like a good teasing once in a while"

"Yea, like how I'm not giving you any breakfast if you keep doing that" I half heartedly joked.

She whines while playfully pleading, "Nooooo my wafflesss! I'm sorryyyyy I'll stooooppp!"

"Hmph."

I had finished cooking the bacon, as I set it on a plate next to the pancakes and waffles. I grabbed some butter and syrup and added some to both of them. We each had a plate of waffle on the bottom, pancakes on top, covered with syrup and topped with butter, then 4 strips of bacon next to it.