Part 1

Author Note.... This isn't real. It's just a storyline that I made up. Just real names not a real story.

Steve Binder a TV producer, he made it in his early 20' with one of his good friend, Dayton Burr "Bones" Howe. But they call him "Bones."

Now before Steve made it, going back to his childhood. Steve is best friend with Della. Della is a couple months older than Steve. Shes special to him, he loves her with all of his might. Poor Della, didn't turn out so well when she hit her teenage years. Her step dad would slap her butt, or just touch her.

So Della turned to drugs. By the time they were old enough, Steve took Della into his own care. Steve's mother didn't like her what so ever. She thought Della is needy and feeding him lies.

Like Steve loves his mom, but she is way over protective. But it was way to much. When Steve had the opportunity to leave, he did and took Della with him. The promise was if he took her with him no more drugs.

She agreed to that. Steve mom Kelly didn't like that. So Kelly moved down to Hollywood as well.

Steve and Della had a apartment together. But soon Steve had moved out. Not because of Della it was closer to his new job that she told him to take.

"Are you sure you can't move in with me?"

"Steve I don't make enough money to move again. But I'm so happy that you are moving on up."

"I hat leaving you behind. Maybe I should stay."

"No Steve." She nudged him on the shoulder. "You drive back and forth four hours. Don't worry about me."

"It's not that Della. I just feel bad cause I made you come out here with me and now I'm moving again."

"I know. It's fine Steve really."

"You know that I hate leaving you alone."

"Steve, I can take care of myself, now that I'm clear headed." Handing Steve a box.

"Still it isn't fair for you. Just come we can work it out."

"Steve. Please go. Besides it will show that your mom that I can too take care of myself and not needing you so much." She winks.

"Yeah, she makes me angry the way she treats you."

"She has every right to treat me the way that she does. I mean I hurt you. To her she sees that I hurt her baby."

"But I'm not a baby."

"You'll always be her baby no matter how old you are Steve. Once you have kids you'll see."

Steve sighs. "Are you sure I can't beg you for the last time to move again?"

"And what move in with my pretty looks?" Shaking her head. "No. It will be good for us. Time a part in case we fight again."

His head went down. "Fine. Promise that we will call each other every day?"

"What about your mother? She would kill me if I took that spot." She chuckled as they headed out to his car.

"I can call her at work."

"Steve, if you are afraid that I'll turn to drugs again. Don't. It's a fresh start and I want to be a good one. I'm starting meetings next week." Leaning on the trunk of the car.

Putting the box inside of his car. "Promise?"

"I promise Steve."

They hugged each other just before he left. He will never tell her that he is in love with her. No matter what. He doesn't want to lose this long time friendship over a break up. He would just die over it.

Steve would bring Bones around as Della and Bones got to know each other they became close, not close enough to date. But close enough to be another set of best friends.

"You got a keeper there Steve." Pointing Della as she got them some drinks from a bar that they started to go too.

"I sure do." Taking a puff from his cigarette.

"How long have you been in love with her?"

"Excuse me?"

"I can tell by the way you look at her and care of her. You are in love with her."

"I am not. We just known each other for the longest of times and I just care for her you'know?"

Bones chuckle as he sees Della walking woth the drinks. "Sure kid." Bones nudged Steve.

"Here we go." As she placed the drinks down.

They drank two rounds and then called it quiets. Bones took Della home since they were going the same way. Steve's heart felt happy when Della was with him. When she's gone he's sad.

Steve got home as he called Kelly. "Hey mom."

"Hey baby! How was your day?"

"It was good." He sat on his comfy chair staring at the photo of Della and himself in the fourth grade. "How was your day mom?"

"Good, sweetie. Oh do you remember a lady that I became really good friends with at church?"

Here we go setting me up. "Kinda."

"Well her granddaughter just moved back here and she is single."

"Mom..." I sorta warned her. "I'm not looking right now." Nor ever.

"I know not now. But baby your not getting any younger and I would like some grandbabies in the future." She chuckles.

"Mom I just turned 20."

"Yes and that is when people start a family. Your father and I started when we were 18 and then we had you." She sighed. "And you should have more than just one like I did. You missed out on a lot of things."

"Like what mom? I had a good childhood life."

"You only hung out with one person." Sighing again. "You need more friends to show you."

"Show me what mom? That I shouldn't hang around with Della?"

"Well yes. But that you can have more than just one friend in life."

"I do mom. I just like to hang out with Della more than others." Steve rubbed his head with a free hand. "Besides why do you hate Della so much?"

"First off she hurt you. Second she shouldn't be your type. She could collapse again and lie to you about it. Besides she wouldn't make a good wife or mother to my grandbabies."

Rolling my eyes as I'm getting angry. "Okay mom well I have to get up early. Talk to you soon."

"Oh... Okay.. love you baby."

"Yeah... Love you too." I hung up on her so fast.