Part 10

Three more days came and gone as they all were rehearsing for the last time. Gun shot causing everyone to hide. Robert F. Kennedy was murder as a group of people were watching TV hearing about Robert. To many people murder within the same year or two years.

"We need to say something." Steve turns off the TV. "YOU. E.P. need to say something. They'll listen to you."

The Colonel came into the room. "He doesn't need to say anything." People started to leave. Bones and Steve were turning things off.

"When do you know that Della will be home?"

"Della believes that she should be home tomorrow or Friday." Turning off three lights.

Bones and Steve saw Elvis playing the pino. "Elvis, we can go home."

"How fast can we get the pianist back here?"

"Now." Bones said.

Bones went home as Steve stayed with Elvis. Listening to Elvis sing his new song that he wrote. Playing it twice and writing the newer piece and props.

Not coming home until midnight, kicking off his shoes as he put on some Christmas music, closing his eyes as his head tilt back as the couch pillow held his head.

The front door swings open as Steve heard soft whispers. "Billy shh... We got to be quiet." Carrying in all the bags as she quietly shuts the door behind her. Blowing air out quietly unleashing Billy.

"Why do you have to be quiet?"

Jumping a little. Turning around as she sees Steve with a beer in his hand, his eyes were red from crying. "I thought you were in bed.. Steve what happened?"

"The world is falling apart.. JFK brother Robert... Well he was murdered."

"You got to be kidding me.." Rushing over to Steve and hugging him. "I'm so sorry baby."

Hugging her tightly as he cried some more. "I was so worried about you.. I was worried that someone would take over the plane. Please don't leave me for that long." Her perfume enters his nose. "I've missed you so much baby.. so much."

"I'm home and we can go to bed." Smelling herself. "Well I better take a shower before I go to bed."

"Can I join? I just don't want to be alone."

"You can." Kissing his forehead.

Showing and then going right to bed. Della held Steve. Knowing that he a a stressful weeks. Steve told her about Elvis, nodding while listening they both drifting to sleep.

Waking up around five am, changing things around the apartment that was changed, just those minor things. Steve woke up to a side that was empty. Sitting up as he called out her name. "Della?"

Peaking her head in the door way. "Yes?"

He sighed with a smile on his face. "Come back to bed."

"Well you need to get up soon." She moves towards Steve. Climbing on top of him. "I'll be here awaiting for you when you return."

"I could miss you know?"

"Yes. But you sir." Finger on his chest. "Are working for the King himself. So you cannot miss a day of working." Leaning down kissing his dry lips.

Kissing her right back. "I guess you are right. But when I am finished, I think I'll take some time off and spend it with you. We can go somewhere, anywhere."

"I can see if I can get time off again."

"Alright how about I take time off and stay home." His hands trailed up and down her back as Della has goosebumps. That gave him a little chuckle. "I'm so glad that you are home."

"Me too. Being stuck there for so long, I do not dare not go there again unless my cousin Alex is dying or having a baby."

Alex is a few years younger than them, Alex adored Steve while growing up. They became good friends when they both were living in there home town. Della and Alex were raised to be like sibling and they couldn't imagine a life without each other.

They had a little girl named Madeline, she just turned seven. Alex would drop off Madeline at Della's house when they still lived back at home. Steve, Della, and Madeline would have the best of times when the three of them were together.

Steve chuckled. "By that time then I must go with you. I miss my little adventure Madeline."

"As do I." Della had gotten off of Steve as Billy enters the bedroom, doing the pee pee dance. "Come along Billy." Look behind her to Steve. "Breakfast will be ready by the time you are out."

With a small pout, Steve had gotten up and went to his closet. Picked out his outfit. Coming out from the bedroom, Steve sat down and ate what was made for him as Della was coming back in from outside.

"How's the weather out there?" Steve asked.

"Cloudy but it could move."

"I hope so, cause I was thinking that we go to the beach."

"Isn't Kelly coming over?"

"I told her that we have plans."

"Oh." She smiled. "Wondeful." Pouring some coffee to her liking. "Please be safe while you are traveling and working."

Kissing the side of her head before leaving. "I will. If someone gets to me sue them for all their worth." His nose moves down to her neck. His warm breath touches her skin, since Della is very ticklish, she jumps just a little. Steve's arms wraps around her waist. Smelling Della before he leaves. "I don't wanna leave you."

"I know." Leaning back a little on him. "But you must. The king himself trust you."

"Here I thought you didn't like his music." He teased her.

"I like some, just not all." Turning around in his arms. "You better get going or else you'll be late." Her hands placed to his cheeks. "Time will go by. Just think that I'm not here yet."

"Oh no no... Nope. I'll figure out something. But I'm not putting my brain through that again." With that he sighed. "I better get going then. Love you." Letting her go as he heads to the door.

"Love you too."