Part 2

Steve went to work as he saw Bones on the phone with a partner for a TV show. Which is nice. He sat at his desk, Bones comes in. "Hey we have a new client."

"Wonderful."

"What's wrong?" He sat in one of the chairs.

"Nothing. Come on spill."

"Family drama."

"Letmme guess, mom found a nice girl for you to settle down with, but in the end you want Della? I get it. Because I also see the way she looks at you."

"She doesn't look at me the way I look at her." The moment he realized that he said it Bones was grinning. "Shut up."

"I was right. Why can't you make a move on her?"

"If I do. I'm afraid that she will hurt me again."

"Again?"

"I mean she didn't really hurt me. She was on drugs, heavy drugs that nearly killed her." He glanced over at the picture of them from last year. "It nearly killed me to when I heard that she was brought back to life after three minutes of being dead."

"Oh Della did have a addiction, I just didn't know what."

Steve stressfully sighs. "Please don't be going around and telling people."

"I'm not that type of person Steve, I promise you that. Della has become one of my dearest of friends. I couldn't do that to her or to you."

They went to meet their new client to make a show. All Steve could think about was Della. Hopping that she was okay. Even though they saw each other yesterday.

After a long rehearsal, Steve went to his office and started to call Della. 'Ford residence. Della speaking.'

"Hey D."

'Steve? Hey.. Aren't you at work?'

"Yeah. I was just wondering how you are doing?"

'I'm doing good. Just got off of work. How about you?'

"I'm doing good. Hey is it okay if I come over to talk to you?"

'Yeah if you want too. You can even pack a bag. Because I would want you to stay longer than two hours or four. Well I mean it's up to you.'

"Yeah I get you. Only if you want me to spend the night."

'I do.'

"Good see you then."

'Love you.'

"Love you too."

Steve got off the phone, knowing that when he gets home he better call his mom about not being home and not to worry. Even though it would be a shit show when he does. At this point he didn't care.

Oof work Steve went home to get a few items and then fly out the door while he was packing, he called his mom. "Hey mom this is going to be quick." He was leaving a voice mail. "I won't be home. I'm staying over at a friend's house. And yes it's Della's before you start to worry. Love you so much mom talk to you tomorrow."

Hugging up the phone he left his apartment and drove to Della's apartment. Four freaking long hours on the road. He did not miss it that much what so ever. When he pulled into a parking spot. There was Della awaiting for him outside. He got out of the car so fast as he went to her and hugged her.

"You okay?" She hugged him right back.

"Yeah. I miss hanging out with you alone you know?"

Steve went back to his car to get his things and they went inside. Inside there was a dog, a service dog. Named Billy. Who to Steve looked like a Jamie. But it wasn't his dog.

Kneeling down he petted Billy. "Hey old man. Good to see you." Billy had a bad stomach flu. That's why Della couldn't stay out for very long. In case of a seizure.

Billy's head went down after Steve was done petting him. Della was getting Steve a beer. "How was the drive?"

"Long and very stressful." Placing his stuff down by the couch.

"I bet. So what really brings you by Steve?"

"Nothing I just wanted to see you. Last night didn't feel like enough."

"Or your mother called and talked smack about me and you just want to prove her wrong?" She could read Steve like a book.

"Maybe."

Sitting on one of the stools she smirked. "What did she say this time?"

"Nothing. She just wanted me to see a girl."

"A girl.. hmm interesting. She just moved here and she is single and looking?"

"Did my mom call you?"

"No. But I know your mother. . She wants me out of the picture."

"You know that will NEVER happen. Right?"

"I know."

They didn't stay up til very late anyways since Steve did have to work. But he truly did miss her. The smell of her hair. They way she wakes him up. By bringing him tea and a cigarette by his bedside. A cleaned bowel to put the buds in. Della was good to him and Steve did do his best on being good to her.

Billy had his own bed that very close by. It was a king bed that she had. And didn't mind sharing. "So I hear that you and Bones have been getting close."

"Don't worry he isn't taking your place. And yes we have been." Climbing into bed.

"I didn't say that he was. I'm happy that you are making friends."

"Yeah. Thank you. You know you should see at least what the girl looks like." Steve gives Della a death stare. "What? Who knows if she would be the girl of your dreams."

In Steve's head he's telling her no that she is the girl of his dreams. "Nah. I'm actually wanting to focus on my job first and then maybe."

"What would be the harm of just meeting each other. And if you don't like her, you don't have to see her. And it will make your mom happy and to leave you alone."

"For awhile at least. I dunno. I want to date someone when I'm ready. She spoke of my dad about when they got married and wait to have me and that they should had me right away, but didn't. And wishing that I could have more siblings."

"Ouch. So what if you had one kid Steve. One is easy to take care of... Well most of the time. Then four or five." Taking a step back. "I guess I shouldn't be speaking since I don't have any kids."

"I get your point." Steve yawns. "I'm ready for bed." Getting out an extra blanket. "I know you blanket hogger."

"Indeed that is why I got more out. Who knew I'd still be one when I have a bigger bed."

"Hmmhmm."