Chapter 3-First Date

"Miss Peregrine!" Emma ran into her headmistresses room, not bothering to knock. "I've got your clothes for the date. Y/n picked them out so don't yell at me if you don't like them." She set them down on her desk then exited the room before Miss Peregrine could get a word in or scold her for not knocking.

Miss Peregrine sighed and walked over to see what she was working with. You'd given her a floral button up blouse and a pair of black trousers with large pockets. Because pockets. She quickly changed and put on a nice piece of flats from her own closet, assuming that her usual heels wouldn't be very practical. Though she was unsure of how to do her hair. Surly her normal style would draw normals attention. So she just left it down for now, assuming you'd be able to help her find a suitable style.

When she left her room she went to find you in your room. She knocked, like a polite person would. (Emma, take note.) And you opened the door soon after. Your face reddened at the sight. You never thought you'd see her in different clothes, let alone yours. And the fact her hair was down made it so much worse. You nearly exploded, but instead took a small deep breath and smiled at her. "You look nice."

"As do you." She returned your smile, not trying to hide her gaze as she looked you up and down. You were wearing similar black trousers, doc martens, and your favorite button up shirt. Your smile wavered a bit and your blush worsened so you turned around and went back to your desk where you resumed brushing your hair. I was wondering if you could do something with my hair? In all honesty I only know a few styles and I don't really know what's popular in modern times."

"Oh yes, I'm sure I could do something. Come sit." You pointed to your desk chair and turned to grab a few things while she sat. "Any preferences? Would you like it all up like normal, orrr?"

"I don't mind trying something new. Do whatever you think will look nice."

You nodded in understanding and started brushing her hair to make sure it didn't have any tangles. You thought over what you were going to do for a moment before walking over to your dresser and taking a few roses Fiona had grown from a vase and walking back over. You began putting her hair into a French braid, weaving the flowers in where you thought they'd look nice. The roses weren't very big and you made them work easily. When you were done you walked around her to see what your work looked like from the front. How on earth did this woman so easily take your breath away.

"So? How does it look?" She snapped you back to reality. You said nothing but grabbed a handheld mirror and brought her over to another one that hung from the wall. You he'd up the smaller mirror at an angle that would allow her to see the back of her head. She was silent for a long moment, staring at her new hair through the mirror. You grew more nervous the longer she was quiet. "I love it." She said as she turned to you then pulled you into a hug. "Thank you."

You didn't have a chance to respond before Emma yelled from the hall. "Hurry up or you'll miss the ferry!" You both rushed into the hall and Emma stared wide eyes for a moment. "Well don't you two clean up nicely? I was starting to think Miss P's hair was stuck like that! But this looks really nice too." She started walking towards the stairs but paused and turned around when she realized we weren't following. "Come along, we're taking the horse and trap to the loop exit."

"You do realize that we can both drive the trap, right? You don't need to come along." You said, beginning to follow her.

"I'm aware. But do you just plan to leave it there on the beach outside a mysterious cave while you're both outside the loop? I'll drive it back home after dropping you off and you'll have to walk home but that shouldn't be too much of a problem." She clearly wasn't going to take no for an answer as she walked to the front door.