Awakening, Part 2

"Mephiles..... the Dark?" I asked in confusion. This dude who's a Shadow look a like who also called himself Mephiles looked nothing like a dark figure, but I kind of figured that out after a short dilemma. "It's a-" he started. "It's no biggie, I understand," I quickly said. He was about to say it's a long story, but the way he hesitated after when I cut him off made me wonder this: does he have amnesia or something? It looks like he's been asleep for awhile.

He asked me who I was and helped me up to my feet. Geez this guy was a gentleman. I then said my more formal greeting to him: "It's Abyss the Dragon, right hand woman of Dark Gaia." This amused Mephiles. "Right hand woman to Dark Gaia I see. I suppose he must really rely on you a lot," he said with a small hiss in his voice. I nodded, with a slight blush on my face. The thing about me being Dark Gaia's daughter I always like to keep a secret. I usually reveal this around people I know well or if they've already figured it out. I decided to play along with Mephiles by saying, "Yeah. He does."

I had no clue what he was going to do next, but he then said, "How about I stay with you for a little bit? You're quite cute." He DID NOT just call me cute. I started getting flustered as soon as he said that. "What's wrong? Too much for me to handle?" he said with a soft tone in his voice. If Mephiles had a mouth, I could see it smirking right now, but he doesn't have one. I can still see him smirking though. He grabs my chin with his hand. "I-I'm fine Mephiles," I said, swatting his hand away. There was that one question that rambled in my head: why does he look like Shadow? It turned out that Mephiles did have amnesia. He wanted to explain why he looked like Shadow, but he just shook his head, trying to remember.

"You don't remember anything?" I asked him. He nodded. "It seems all I remember is just a bright light before finding myself sealed away in this crystal in this cavern, waiting on someone to release me." He pats the spot where the crystal originally was. "And that someone was you my dear." Dang it why did he have to sound so smooth with his voice?! His voice just literately made me scream on the inside. I felt like my insides were on fire, and this dude has amnesia!

Mephiles steps away from the spot where the crystal was and looked at me. "Will you now let me stay with you?" he then asked. I sighed and looked at him again. He was so cute and charming, crystallized form and all, so I replied with this: "You can, because I wanna learn about you more, and help you get your memories back." Mephiles chuckled a little bit and said, "It's settled then Byssie." I cocked my head at him. "What? Can't I call you that?" he then asked. I told him that it was ok for him to call me that, and then I began to call him Mephy. His muzzle turned a bit red when I said that, and I had to scoot in a laugh. 

Both me and him walked out of the cavern together. We both looked at each other, before I agreed to let Mephiles to stay with me and hide in my shade. He let out a small laugh, blushed slightly, and disappeared into the darkness that was my shade. It turned out that he could still talk to me in my head too, and I told him to stay quiet, so that I don't cause suspicion to the others. He agreed, and called me Byssie again. His smooth voice and the way he said Byssie made me blush again.

Shall we be going my dear? Mephiles asked to me. Yeah, I was just heading that way, I replied. I felt a small chill down me as I return to Soleanna, knowing that Mephiles was with me in my shade and head. I believe that I've finally found a friend, and I'm ready to learn a bit more about this gentleman that is Mephiles the Dark, and hopefully find out who he really is.