Spying in the Moonlight

The main square where Sonic and his friends live was only a few minutes flight from Soleanna, and during our little night flight, I just couldn't stop staring at this mysterious person that is Mephiles. He's so charming and handsome, and I couldn't stop staring at him. I wonder..... what did Mephy think of me and at the same time....who was he really?

Mephiles' POV

It was a lovely flight, just the two of us. This girl..... what was her name? Abyss. Yeah that was it. Having a loss of memory could get weird. She was surprised when she first saw me, and I never have seen such a beautiful creature in front of me, and the bright neon colors that flashed on her skin glowed in the moonlight. She looked like a queen of darkness. My Abyssal Queen. Heh. I like that.

There was another square in the distance, and it was surrounded by many homes. "Is this where the hedgehog you spoke of live?" I asked her. Abyss, letting out a hybrid between a hiss and a laugh said, "It is! This is one of my usual spying spots. Now you'll get to experience it!" I blushed a bit. Her voice and laugh were adorable, and so hard to resist! She looked at me, and she murmured something under her breath. I couldn't tell what she was saying though. Geez, I guess so much has changed ever since I was asleep.

The two of us silently entered the square. I slipped into Abyss's shade to stay out of sight until we arrived at our first house, which surprisingly belonged to the fox siblings. She told me that I could come out, so I did and she pointed to a window. "That's Tails and his sister Annabelle. They both love science and very intelligent. You should see all of the things they've made!" Abyss explained to me. Then I spotted the two of them fixing a robot that Abyss told me was named E123 Omega. That name did sound familiar to me, because I remember that robot being with a bat and that black and red hedgehog. Were my memories returning somewhat?

We both watched the foxes for awhile before moving on to another home. Abyss then told me some more information: "This is the house we usually let Blaze and Silver stay in when they come to see us. Silver is from the future and so is Blaze, but she comes from a dimension called the Sol Empire as a guardian of the Sol Emeralds. Kind of like Sonic and Knuckles when it comes to the Chaos Emeralds here, except Knuckles has the bigger emerald to look after." I chuckled when she said the bigger emerald. She told me that she was referring to the Master Emerald, but that's what made me laugh. Abyss laughed too.

I looked at Silver and Blaze. They both were seeming to enjoy themselves, playing board games, chatting, or even turning on a movie. I was enjoying myself being with Abyss. At the same time, they too looked familiar. Silver especially. A memory that was blurry came to me. A ravaged and burned future world. Some fire demon called the Flames of Destruction. Telling Silver and Blaze something. I was left blank for a moment before Abyss looked at me. "Are you ok?" she asked. I nodded. "I'm just fine. Let's go," I replied.

We moved on to the next house, and surprise surprise, it was that black and red hedgehog. I was starting to wonder on why he had a house. "Actually, since they're both agents for GUN, Shadow and Rouge share a home together. They're both really good friends since they work for that agency. Sonic and the others will also join them for GUN missions sometimes too as well as a current GUN agent named Voltage, Shadow's "sister". Me and him can relate to each other," Abyss explained. I asked her why, and she told me that Shadow was a hybrid between a hedgehog and an alien, due to him having a little bit of DNA from a demon called Black Doom. She even talked about this Voltage person. "Shadow doesn't like to mention him, but likes to talk about him in front of me and her. I'm glad he has some other people he can talk to," she said again. "What does this have to do with Shadow relating to you?" I asked.

Sighing, she then explained that she was, in reality, Dark Gaia's daughter. Many still feared her after when the Earth spilt apart and after when she became friends with Sonic and the others. I patted her shoulder and gave her some comfort, and she thanked me for them. I mean, I had to give the girl some comfort since she is the daughter of a god. Then, I gave her a comfort kiss by nudging my muzzle against her cheek, which caused her to blush and look at me. I explained that I was trying to be nice. 

We moved on to the next two homes, which were nearly side by side. Sonic's and Knuckles'. Apparently Knuckles wasn't on Master Emerald guard duty at night, and sometimes did it during the day. It was kind of weird how when we were both spying on him from the shadows, that he would cuddle a picture of the Master Emerald. Haha. Who knew that echidna could be weird sometimes? Sonic was doing his usual jigs, especially with the part of him having a chili dog as a late night snack. Abyss was right when she told me that Sonic had a chili dog obsession as I looked at Sonic, another blurry memory returning of me stabbing him in the chest with a spear made of dark power. It seemed they were jogging some bits of my memory, but what did this have to do with me?

"That wraps up my spying session for tonight!" Abyss said. She then looked back at me and noticed my face. "What's wrong?" she asked. I saw the worriment in her eyes. I wanted to tell her about the memory jogs I've been getting. Before I could say a word, she spoke up. "Since you have nowhere to go, how about staying in the Underground with me?" she asked. This instead made me blush and got nervous. "And you want me.... to meet your dad?" Abyss nodded. I agreed to go with her, since it was true that I had nowhere else to go with no memory of who I formerly was. I thought about going back to my Mobian form as she called it, but decided to stay as is.

Abyss took my hand, and then told me that it was gonna feel weird traveling to a new dimension. I squeezed her hand tight, embracing it, before a hole appeared below our feet, and in an instant, we were in a place I'd thought I'd never see up close in person: the Underground. The place where my Abyssal Queen lived in.