Chapter 21

Sunpelt checks behind him to make sure Foxtail is okay, he falls back a little bit to brush up against him.

"You doing good?" Sunpelt asks.

"I'm doing fine" Foxpaw meows rubbing against Sunpelt.

"Well then let's catch up" Sunpelt meows running his tail along Foxpaws back.

They catch up and cross the fallen tree onto the island.

Sunpelt sniffs the air tasting RiverClan, ShadowClan, and SkyClan scents.

Only WindClan left to show he thinks, as Sunpelt enters the clearing with all the other ThunderClan cats. Foxtail edges closer to him.

"Don't worry, nobody's going to hurt you" Sunpelt meows softly to Foxtail brushing his tail along Foxtail's back.

"Ok"

"Hey what's wrong with him?" a cat meows with a sneer.

"Shellpaw!" another cat meows.

Two RiverClan cats pad up to Sunpelt and Foxtail.

"Foxpaw, your back" meows a white tom.

"I'm Foxtail now" he meows.

"You missed three gatherings what happened?" asks a black tom with white spots.

"I'd rather not tell right now" Foxtail meows looking at Sunpelt.

"Hmm, ok then see you around" the white tom meows leaving with the black tom following closely.

"Go talk to your friends once the gathering starts, meet me near Squirrelstorm" Sunpelt meows.

Foxtail rubs against Sunpelt and nods, leaving.

Sunpelt watches him leave before padding Squirrelstorm.

"How's Nightcloud doing?" he asks.

"She won't even talk to her kits" Squirrelstorm meows.

"She's a good mother just not very understanding of me and Foxtail" Sunpelt meows.

"You need to talk to her after the Gathering" Brightscar meows coming up to sit by them.

Sunpelt turns around seeing WindClan enter the clearing and Foxtail padding over to him.

"It's about to start" Foxtail meows as soon as Emberstar, the WindClan leader, jumps on the Great Oak underneath Stormstar, ShadowClans leader.

"Prey is running well in ThunderClan and we have good health" Riverstar meows dipping his head to Shellstar.

"Prey is running well here but sadly we lost Weaselpool" Shellstar meows.

The leaders let the elders grieve for a short time before the gathering continues.

"Prey in RiverClan is running well and like ThunderClan we have good health" Nighstar meows dipping her head to Stormstar.

"A fox was found on our territory, but Foxjaw, Tallpaw, and Breezefeather chased it off" Stormstar stops to let the other clans yowl Foxjaw, Tallpaw, and Breezefeathers names.

"Also, we welcome a new litter to Birdclaw" Stormstar meows dipping his head to Emberstar.

"Prey is running well and we have good health" meows Emberstar.

"Wait, what about Sunpelt and Foxpaw visiting us for one day" meows a dark brown tom stepping out from SkyClans cats.

Sunpelt notices that ShadowClan, RiverClan, and WindClan cats are looking at Sunpelt and Foxtail with surprise. While a dark grey she-cat from SkyClan is lashing her tail from side to side while standing in front of the tom whose tail is drooping.

"Remember we've done nothing wrong" Sunpelt whispers into Foxtail's ear.

Shellstar gets up.

"That has been dealt with accordingly, Riverpaw" Shellstar meows glaring at the tom.

Riverstar gets up.

"It is true that a warrior and a paw crossed the border and were held for a day" before jumping down and flicking his tail for the clan to follow.

"I guess no sharing tongues tonight" Brightscar meows.