Beginnings of War

Later, when the axolotls arose, I was called from the banana tree to help with the interrogation. There were ten axolotls to question, but I decided that I would focus on the strongest one, who appeared to be the leader.

"So, where did you come from?" I asked him.

"I will not be telling you that," he replied, quickly shutting his mouth.

"Well you need to be hydrated, correct? You will not get any water until you talk."

One of the smaller axolotls, the spellcaster, swiftly told me all we needed to know.

"We came from a continent called Cratfem, far away, just created recently, our god Akol sent us, he wanted us to take over, we were just a scouting party, the whole army is coming soon," he stuttered out. "Can I be hydrated now please?

"After having poured water onto the axolotls, the destels and I thought over what the axolotl had said. We unanimously decided that we should take action on the situation at hand. Some of us suggested travelling to the continent to prevent the problem from growing at its roots. One destel thought it would be best to travel from our current home to another area farther from the ocean. However, none of us agreed with her, because our current location was far too important to us. Eventually, a plan was formed. We would send a group of the strongest and bravest apes to Cratfem to investigate, and the rest of us would fortify our home area.

Some days later, we had finally prepared our investigation group, led by me, that would travel to Cratfem. We had discovered the direction of Cratfem through further interrogation of the axolotls.

"Goodbye my shrood. I will return soon, but please make sure that the defenses around our home are safe," I tearfully said to the apes as we departed on a wooden boat.