Meeting at Schmirndt

After several days of travel, me and the rest of the apes arrived in Hausen, a hospital city in Schmirndt. The city harboured many fugitives of the war, and was known as a safe haven by many. The dwarves that lived there permanently treated all guests with the highest hospitality. We stayed there for a few days, and met many desert frogs and axolotls who had left Egert or Akopolis, respectively, to find safety in Schmirndt. However my most important encounter was not with an axolotl or a desert frog. One day, I met the god of family bonds and hospitality himself, Haus Klaus.

The day began with my usual stroll around the city. I wandered through each of the facilities in the city, and saw many people with smiles on their faces, likely enjoying themselves for the first time since the war broke out. Standing by one of these individuals, a scarred axolotl, was a gruff-looking dwarf with brown hair and simple clothing. He seemed to radiate warmth and friendliness around him, and the people nearby all had smiles on their faces. After he had finished talking to the axolotl, I approached him and asked for his name.

"My name is Haus Klaus my friend," he replied. "I am known as the god of hospitality. Though I do not hold much power for a deity, as I was born a mortal, I use what I have to protect those in need."

"That sounds like a very noble use of your divinity. Your hospitality is remarkable and the dwarves that live here are all kind and caring," I noted. "If you are willing to share, I would love to hear the tale of how you became a god, as you said that you were not born one."

"Of course. I have been asked to tell this story many times, but as long as I can bring enjoyment to others through it, I will recite it. "I was born to a family of dwarves a long time ago, during the oylen era of Trespis. The town was known as Schmirndt Town. It was a very small settlement on the ancient island of Schmirndt, not the modern province where we are currently. As a child, I was very protective of my friends and family. Even from a young age, I would ensure that the town was protected from monsters. However, one fateful day, I sacrificed myself to stop an invasion of shadowy snakes. After our mutual defeat, they released Remnox, as they were tied to the goddess Yoruna. She did not wish for such a devoted young boy to be killed as a result of her creatures, and brought me back to life. When she revived me, some Remnox from the monsters was absorbed into me and I was deified. With the beginning of the post-oylen era, I created a new population of dwarves in this small corner of Cratfem and continued to care for the people of Trespis. And that is the story of my life."