The Cleric of Moke

After just a few hours, we spotted a pink splotch, a harsh contrast to the dark land of Cratfem. It was a patrol group of ten axolotls. The group we saw appeared far stronger than the one we fought back in Injor. I told the apes that we must quickly hide amidst the boulders, then plan our next steps from there. Fortunately, the axolotls did not spot us while they were passing by. However, I swiftly realized that they were headed towards where we came from. Primal energy similar to that which I felt when fighting the other axolotls surged through my body, and was released through my hands. A cloud of angry locusts formed around the axolotls, constantly biting at them. Soon after, a bolt of fire flew from my hands and destroyed the ten axolotls in the group. Despite feeling saddened by the death I had caused, I knew it had to be done to avert any danger they could have caused for Injor or Cratfem.

After the combat, I dedicated time to focus on figuring out how to control my magic outbursts. Tols suggested I try meditating, and gave me a sacred banana to focus on. The banana was said to help the holder calm themselves and focus on a single thought. Soon, Tols and the other apes made camp, within sight of my meditation spot. I concentrated on the powerful magic that had surged through me. Both times it had appeared, I was fighting enemies, axolotls. After fifteen minutes of meditation, a voice began speaking to me from the sacred banana.

"Franke, the greatest Solverg in Injor," said the voice in my mind. "You are here because you are needed in stopping the war between the desert frogs and axolotls on Cratfem. I, Moke, have been granting you magic when you need it most, but to grant you all of it, you must devote yourself to me as a cleric."

"I will, if it will help me stop the axolotls' evil and protect the Injorian apes from danger," I replied to Moke.

"That is my goal, Franke. Now travel West, where you will find Schmirndt, the only land not at war on this continent. There you will receive shelter and aid from Haus Klaus, the god of hospitality, and his dwarves."

I awakened from my meditation and saw the ape camp in the distance. I swiftly made my way there and went to sleep for the night.