Chapter 3

Your mind kept pondering as to how you would remember which guard this was, then you got the perfect idea!. Or well perfect-ish....

While he was distracted watching the other players get eliminated and dragged away by his fellow co-guards you took this opportunity to slowly inch closer...sliding closer and closer and closer until your hands bumped-
You looked up feeling the sweat come on, you knew he wanted you close but you feared you might have pushed the limit....

But instead of getting upset with you...he just kept looking straight forward.
*Mhm...Maybe he's stupid?.*
You couldn't help but wonder.

You brushed hands again out of curiosity, this time his fingers curling up towards yours- like he was signaling he wanted to hold  hands but couldn't maybe?.

*Weird.*
You thought.
*Focus!.*
You told yourself!.

Bumping into him full force you pretended to trip and purposely stepped all over his shoes, leaving scratch marks everywhere, the color coming off but not much but it was enough for you to find him the next time a game started.

Remembering your position, you looked up at the guard, he had caught you...

Your feet standing on top of his still, his face centimeters from yours and a hand entangled with his...the other on his shoulder, you unexpectedly began to blush and hurriedly jumped off, standing much further away from him than you were before.
The guards focus was on you now...silently staring until you were all called back to your "rooms." "Beds." Whatever.