𝟏𝟑 | 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐲𝐧𝐢𝐚

𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒊𝒓𝒐𝒅𝒚𝒏𝒊𝒂 - 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔, 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒃𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒔 ┈┈┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈┈┈

┈┈┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈┈┈

"On-Jo!"

"What took you so long, Dad?"

Mr. Nam encases his daughter snug against his chest, tenderly caressing her head as On-Jo nuzzles into the warm fatherly embrace, so sorely-missed. Though tears track down her face, a small smile rests undyingly on her face.

Even in the midst of the heartwarming scene, everyone is preoccupied with the imminent danger still, hastily filing outside and leaving Cheong-San with the responsibility of bolting the doors behind him. As it seals shut again, you can hear the zombies thumping their bodies against it from the other side, snarling incessantly.

"Are you all okay? Are you hurt anywhere?"

"No, sir," Dae-Su answers politely despite his whole body rolling with unease, having been on the brink of death.

"Good, good," On-Jo's dad reprises, nodding his head at everyone in sequence, genuinely relieved. "There's nothing I'd rather hear than that you're all safe and sound."

He opens his arms right after, gesturing for Cheong-San to come. "Cheong-San."

"Ahjussi," Cheong-San snivels out, burrowing into the hug, the comfort of a person who's essentially his second dad bringing immeasurable ease.

With a final strong pat to Cheong-San's back, he moves away and tucks Cheong-San under one arm and On-Jo in the other as he addresses the group. "Is everyone still in running condition?"

You look around, considering everyone worn and weary, but to the best of your knowledge, unharmed. "Yes, we all are," you reply affirmatively.

"Great," Nam So-Ju sighs in respite. "Since we've got that cleared up, it'll make everything much simpler. For now, if you go through the tennis court to the construction site, you'll reach the mountain. Once you've made it that far, Yangdong shouldn't be far off, the destination merely over the—"

"Watch out, Ahjussi!" Cheong-San alerts in advance, spotting the undead clustering from the right-hand side, your group standing smackdab in clear view of the open area.

Mr. Nam isn't fazed and proceeds to flip one wayward zombie onto its back effortlessly, snapping its arm posteriorly, twisting punitively. "Incoming!" he warns, the sudden tumult drawing a slew of zombies, whipping his head back toward the group in haste. "Run, now!"

"Shibal," Mi-Jin swears, following the others in snatching whatever is left of the weaponry from the earlier fight, dashing off afterward in the direction of the tennis court. Nam-Ra tugs you by the arm, Cheong-San and Su-Hyeok trailing behind to aid Mr. Nam if necessary. On-Jo grabs her dad's backpack off the ground and gives it to him before tightening her hold on his hand, the father and daughter duo bringing up the rear.

Reaching the tennis court, Ha-Ri pivots back to stand guard outside the metal gates, aimed at the ready, awaiting the rest of the group to make it past the perimeter.