CHAPTER 1: The Encounter

Kyleson Xivester Lee

"Matagal pa ba? We've been sitting here for hours and yet we're still not moving." I complained to Ronald, my driver.

"Naku eh ganito ho talaga sa EDSA sir at mukhang matatagalan pa ho tayo , may naaksidente raw po roon sa harap kaya 'di umuusad yung traffic." He answered.

I looked through the window and saw the commotion outside, there were a lot of people laying on the road. I can also hear the siren of the ambulances from afar.

"Can you find a shortcut? I can't be late for my meeting, I don't want to give them a bad impression. You know the old man" I sighed and shook my head as I again remembered my grandfather who had forced me to go back in this hell of a country.

"Sandali lang po sir, makikibalita lang ho ako." I just nodded and he immediately left the car.

I went back in reading the presentations that my secretary sent, not minding the tiredness because of the trip from Spain to The Philippines.

If I were to chose, ayoko nang bumalik sa bansang ito, but because of my grandfather, here I am. On my to sign a business partnership with Perez Group of Companies which is one of the most successful businesses here in the Philippines. That's why I can't really blame that old fucking bastard if his already trembling hands are itching to have me sign the deal.

Damn him. Hindi ko alam kung bakit sa tingin niya ay may karapatan pa rin siyang kontrolin ang takbo ng kompanya kahit na pitong taon na ang nakakalipas noong ako na ang pumalit sa kaniya.

I guess old people just badly needs attention to stay relevant.

Being the C.E.O of a large company- a very large one to be exact is not easy, that's why you have to be smart, but it's all worth it since I have everything that I need: money, power, and fame. Everything except for one, which I don't need anyway.

It's enough that I learned my lessons in the past when I almost lost myself because someone that I trusted the most betrayed me.

Naputol lamang ang pag-iisip ko nang makarinig ako ng pagsara ng pinto I didn't bother to look who it was since I already know that it was Ronald.

"Is the accident being taked care of?" I asked him while still looking at my laptop, but instead of answering me he just started the car and I felt him took a U-turn.

"Have you already found a...." napatigil ako sa pagsasalita nang mabaling ang tingin ko sa katabing upuan.

"Who the fuck are you?!" Galit na tanong ko sa nakaupo sa driver's seat because instead of Ronald, someone else wearing a black hoodie is driving driving my car.

The fucking intruder turned to my direction and I was so close to beating the heck out of him if I didn't immediately saw that she was a woman.

"Chill ka lang bro, kita mo 'yang bata sa likod? Kailangan niyang madala sa hospital, bahala ka pag 'yan natigok ikaw unang mumultuhin niyan" she answered without turning into my direction.

I turned around my head to look the back seat where I saw a severly injured girl that looks very young covered in blood so I momentarily lost my composure.

"What the fuck?!"

"Aba! Malay ko! Hindi naman ako yung-" hindi niya naituloy ang sasabihin niya nang humarap siya sa akin at biglang kumunot ang noo. Why the hell is she staring at my face?!

Tila naman natauhan siya at bumalik aa pagmamaneho. Her eyebrows still knitted

I can't believe this!