Chapter 3

She walks silently on her way to school the next day, spotting a familiar head of an blonde hair not too far ahead of her. It's Bakugo, explosion quirk, threat level: high. She keeps a steady distance from him, wary of the temper he had revealed during the quirk apprehension test.

Suddenly, he stops in place before turning around sharply, red eyes narrowed sharply as he almost growls at her, "The fuck do you want?"

She freezes where she stands, adrenaline rushing through her veins as she hears the aggressive tone in his voice. She hurriedly raises her hands, signing a quick 'School' before stopping, realising that he probably doesn't know sign language.

That thought is immediately contradicted when he snorts and turns back around, speaking in a slightly dare-she-say softer voice, "Yeah sure whatever. Just don't get in my way."

She's stuck in a daze for a second before tentatively catching up to the boy, walking silently beside him in a surprisingly comfortable silence as they make their way to UA.

There is a stunned silence that takes over the classroom as the few students of 1-A there watch the resident loudmouth and mute walk into class together.

They sit down in their respective seats, Bakugo arrogantly kicking his feet up into his desk (to the discontent of Iida) and Hana resting her head sleepily on her arms, determined to take a nap before school starts.

The rest of the class arrives and Aizawa walks in, approving of how the students almost immediately notice him and turn their attention towards him after quickly getting into their seats.

Hana wakes up feeling her homeroom teacher's eyes on her, back snapping straight and dazed eyes instantly clearing up from the adrenaline. Aizawa looks at her in hidden confusion at the reaction, silently noting it down among the other slightly concerning mannerisms he noticed the previous day.

The selective mutism, the isolation from her peers that she does herself, the acute spacial awareness and observational skills that are almost on his level, the black face mask she wears constantly.

The mask wouldn't be too concerning if she was like Shoji, who could have multiple mouths and didn't need to take his off, but Aizawa hasn't seen the girl take hers off once.

Not even to take a sip of water during the quirk apprehension test the previous day.

Deciding to continue this concerning train of thought another time, Aizawa begins the general administration for the day before swapping out for Cementoss as they had Japanese Literature as their first lesson of the day.

*Time skip*

The bell for lunch rings and everyone either takes out their lunch or makes their way to the cafeteria. Hana eventually gets her food (after handing a pre-written note to Lunch Rush saying what she wanted) and stands blankly in place, not really knowing where to sit since she doesn't have any friends and hasn't interacted much with her classmates.

She's ripped out of her daze when a hand grabs the back of her collar and starts pulling her along. She struggles for a moment before recognising the boy's ash blonde hair and finally relaxing in his grip. He drags her over somewhat gently before dropping her onto a seat by a table and taking the seat next to her.

She looks cautiously at the others sitting at the table, remembering the mental notes she has on them from yesterday.

'Ashido Mina, quirk: acid, threat level: low-medium, peppy and friendly. Saw her together with Kirishima during practical exam, probably middle school classmates.'

'Kaminari Denki, quirk: electricity, threat level: medium, slightly peverted but respectful of boundaries, hyperactive and social.'

'Kirishima Eijirou, quirk: hardening, threat level: low-medium, kind and respectful. Considers 'manly' to be the highest compliment but doesn't seem to be misogynistic.'