Doobti Naiyya #2

Having had her little respite, Dr Ruhana walks out of the breakroom with her friend and fellow surgeon, Dr Samarth.

It has been a tiresome day for her in paediatrics, but that's a routine she's been used to and never found distasteful. The kids in the ward are usually loud and reckless, but adorable at the same time. They need gentle caring, love, and healing alongside medicines. She always strives to provide them with just that. It's heartbreaking to operate on the little ones, let alone see them sick, but seeing them recover provides her utmost joy.

These are her exact feelings today as well, and when Dr Samarth informed her about a conference on pulmonary ailments in kids and invited her to join him to attend the same, she was ecstatic

Dr Samarth is fairly popular among the masses, and the female staff worship him for his good looks, but his real charm is that he's quite the talented and spirited one in his specialized field.

"Thank you, Samarth," Ruhana says, dropping the 'Dr' part as they are friends, and because this isn't an official conversation. "I'm glad you thought to involve me in this. A new learning experience! This makes my day!"

Well, seeing her childhood best friend, and her secret special someone, Dr Sahil Saxena in the breakroom had been the most delicious treat, but she won't admit it to Samarth

Sahil is... She doesn't know when he became someone so special. Especially, considering he moved away after they finished high school.

They were sixteen when they parted but were practically joined at the hip ever since the day they were born, probably that was the reason she couldn't forget him. He lived next door. Together they made countless memories. She was heartbroken the day he left, but knew he was going to the States to study medicine. He promised her he'd be back but... she never believed in turning reality.

Her hunch soon proved to be correct. They lost all contact for years.

So it came very much as a surprise when he kept his promise.

Someone who studied in the states, a top-grade doctor usually doesn't return to his homeland, but Sahil did!

One morning he showed up at her same sweet, old home! That was a surprise like no other. She was over the moon seeing his sweet smile. Finding him at her doorway, all grown up and manly, with a bouquet of pink orchids - her favorite flowers in hand and a little basket full of chocolates... Maybe that was the moment when he stole her heart, huh? She certainly didnt fall for the flowers and the chocolates, no. He made her swoon, keeping his promise and... and saying all those sweet words in that slightly unfamiliar, husky, broad voice of his.