Just a fleeting thought

=====

When he had accepted the position of being the boss of the seven mysteries he hadn't thought it would be so simple. Sure it was difficult at first but it became repetitive as time went on. No wonder the previous Hanako san was excited to finally be able to leave( or that she finally atoned for her sins) .

As he stood at railings, hands hidden in his pockets, he let out a humorless chuckle. It had been 50 years since then.

50 years since he stabbed his "own" brother.

50 years since he died.

50 years since he sealed the deal.

The boy's raven hair swayed with wind so with his body tilting dangerously towards the edge.

'If I- we were still alive we might have been in our sixties, enjoying our lifes, maybe with our own families too' Lifeless amber eyes stared at the students below.

'I could've become the astronaut I wanted to be'

Before he could let himself fall, feel that silver of fear and the distant pain from falling, he stopped. Feet firmly planted on the railings.

He remembered the time where he nearly fell to his death. Oh how odd it was, to find out one of your teachers to be a part of the seven mysteries of your own school.

But at the same time he was glad.

For being his teacher, father figure, fellow apparition. He was glad he had his back.

At the sound of the school bell ringing, he snapped out of his reverie.

'I got lost in my own thoughts...again'

With one last look at the rushing students below him, he jumped off the railing, his feet meeting the ground with a soft thud.

Feeling the wind once again passing by, the boy let out a soft sigh. Touching his left cheek he felt a tear fall, a choked escaping his lips not long after.

It had been 50 years when he was finally able to let go of his past, the guilt of killing his own brother and so much more. No unanswered questions left behind.

Both of them had finally made peace with each other.

And now...

It had been a year since he lost her, since he failed to make her wish come true. He doubts another 50 years could ever heal this pain he feels. He loved her and she did too which made it all the more painful.

When he had accepted the position of being the 7th mystery, he hadn't expected he would experience this. He hadn't expected that you could still feel pain when you're dead.

No wonder they said to never meddle with the living.

=====

-Yes. I'm still alive(just barely). Enjoy.