Fatiti|A Decision Of A Lifetime 3

Okay, now I'll write the story in different POVs. Think of it as an anticipating progress for the next part of the story. I hope it's okay.

---Fatiti---

I think I am fine. I mean, I just gave birth to a healthy baby girl and I can see, talk and think! What's better is that I don't feel severely pained. I can feel strain and a tiredness that numbs my veins but otherwise I feel fine.

I didn't have any stitches and I feel an overwhelming relief now that I am not carrying a baby in my Tommy. It's like my stomach has been robbed!

I do remember that Khair came to me though. And he was there when I gave birth and he was all panicky shouting ya Allah ewww when the baby came out...!!! The nurse had laughed, I can remember that too. But he still held me. The hospital didn't have much of a problem with Khair being there in the labor room. Which is Soo nice of them.

I can remember though, how he was busy whispering feverishly "we did it! Wallah she is a baby girl!! Tee!! You just gave birth ya Allahu OMG!!!" He couldn't keep quiet and despite my condition, I couldn't help but smile as well. The pain welcomed such excitement that I feel so proud of myself.

I feel proud of him too. He stayed till the end. He didn't run away or shirk the responsibility of being the one to lend me moral support.

I can't stop smiling. I am so happy.

I keep bugging the nurse to call Khair. I want to see him and make sure I didn't hallucinate when the pain had gone up. She said that the doctor is going to check me first. So I had to beg them to take our daughter to him. I want him to bond and feel lighter about life. You win some lose some. That's how it is.

The doctor declared I am doing so good. So I reminded the nurse to let me see Khair. And for some time, I sipped tea while i waited for him to show himself. I want to know exactly what happened and where we will be going next.

I would prefer to raise my daughter in an environment similar to where I grew up. I don't want my daughter to grow up in a village to be honest. As usual, my snubby side is pressuring me to offer help so we don't have to choose that life.

I do have more than one million naira in my bank account. So at least we will not starve.

But I will not put Khair in that situation. He would feel as if he was useless. And he would understand that I don't want to live that life. He might take it in a negative way. Perhaps I would leave him if it so happens that he would find it difficult in life.

I don't want to be that type of person. Though I don't really enjoy his money all that much, I still wouldn't forsake him. He needs me now...

So I tell myself that I will follow him to wherever he could afford now. And I would close my mind to inferior reasoning.

These thoughts bombard me as I wait for him to arrive with our daughter. I am so eager to see the expression on his face as he held her. I can remember vividly how proud he seemed when he held Ammar!

When he finally arrived, Hidaya is right behind him complaining about him refusing to give her the child.

"Go and wash your hands if you want to hold my daughter" he warns seriously.

"Ha'ah! I told you I washed my hands earlier Mana Ya Khair don Allah!" She pleads with him while extending her hands towards him as if to collect the baby. Khair shies away from her quickly.

"I saw you touch the hospital chair when you sat next to me. And you want to hold my daughter! Impossible future tense" he denies.

"Come on!" She exasperates. Khair ignores her as he comes to stand next to me. He still hasn't looked me in the eye as he often did. He kept his gaze carefully averted and I know he is doing it on purpose.