two. new york city

˚┊WILDEST DREAMS┊˚
act 1- running up that hill.

˚┊WILDEST DREAMS┊˚act 1- running up that hill

CHAPTER 2- new york city
(homecoming)

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

-Happy's apartment was really modern, of course it was less modern than the Avengers campus but it was better than the houses in Sokovia. There were different kinds of robots, a gigantic TV, 2 floors and an incredible view of Times Square. Surely Wanda would have loved the place. Harley knows that if she would've been here too, she'd be drinking hot chocolate in front of the TV with a '90s sitcom. Hope she doesn't notice.

When Harley went to check out her new room, she noticed that it looked exactly like the one in Germany, at the Avengers campus. But that didn't bother her, on the contrary, she loved it. Lying on my bed were a ton of new clothes that she would definitely wear, some from her old wardrobe in Germany. Harley has never been a shopaholic, but she does love going there every once in a while. His favorite type of store was that of music or skateboarding. She loved buying vinyl for her record player or cassettes for her Walkman, despite her many cassettes her favorite were those of Taylor Swift or Lana Del Rey.

Harley was sitting on the couch and changing channels with her mind. But nothing was really interesting, there were so many choices that each channel was more horrible than another. After long minutes alone, Happy returned. He had gone to buy hamburgers, as he had said earlier, he couldn't cook.

Happy and Harley were both sitting on the couch eating their hamburgers and at the same time, the redhead paraded the channels.

"Why don't you just choose a channel?" Happy finally popped the question but Harley continued changing each channel without looking away from the TV.

"Nothing is interesting enough or to develop my intelligence."

"Yeah but if you-"

Harley finally stopped on a news channel. Usually Harley hated news, but this time it was important. The fugitives: Wanda Maximoff, Sam Wilson, Scott Lang and Clint Barton managed to escape from prison today! Honestly Harley was both happy and scared that Wanda would get caught or even any other "fugitives" as the reporters called them. Happy turned off the TV.

"That must surely be the Captain, don't worry she must be safe!" Harley nodded trying to convince herself.

Harley was now lying in her new room. Silence reigned in the dark room. But a single sound enveloped the room, it was the tears of the young Sokovian. The redhead was doing her best to make as little noise as possible. She didn't want Happy to hear her, she didn't want him to find her weak or something. But anyway, Happy's snores drowned out those sobs.

The black car with tinted windows was parked in front of the school... . Inside were Tony and Harley with Happy at the wheel. The young redhead wasn't that stressed about her first day, she just didn't want anyone to talk to her and leave her in her corner to listen to Blondie in her old Walkman.
Harley turned to the man next to her one last time. Yesterday he had told her that he would not be back for several weeks in relation to a business case.

The truth is, Harley wasn't one to thank people or even care about them. If she did, the person had to be really unique and amazing and the only time it had happened had been with Pietro and Wanda Maximoff. After a few minutes of silence in the car, Harley opened her mouth, not to insult the man but to apologize.

"Tony I wanted to tell you that I'm so sorry for being such a bitch to you and in truth I really am. But it's just that I-"
And Tony cut her off.

"No need to apologize, I know what it's like to apologize when you have a big ego." Harley chuckled and raised her eyebrows then got out of the car, put on her helmet and placed her bag on her right shoulder. She turned to Tony one last time, smiling at him despite not seeing him through the tinted windows.

After passing through administration and receiving her timetable, she was accompanied in her first hour of class, science and life of the earth. A few feet from the classroom, she removed her headphones from those ears and turned off her Walkman. The principal opened the classroom door and the students turned their heads towards the door.

"Hello Miss, here is the new student!" Said the man after the teacher stopped her lesson.

"Yes I see, you must be Harley Sta-'' The teacher got cut off by the redhead.

"It's Petrova, Harley Petrova!" The teacher gave the young girl a look of kindness and indicated to sit down with the others. Harley walked quickly over to a table of 3 at the back of the room without looking at any of the students, and once seated she turned her head toward the window.

It had been a while since she had been in a classroom. For the hydra project, she had to fend for herself to learn. She was only entitled to a few textbooks but that was enough for her, she knew how to manage. Suddenly she felt a gaze on her, she immediately turned her head to see a boy with science glasses who raised his eyebrows as if he had just seen a ghost. Harley frowned and the boy turned in less than a second. The redhead didn't try to understand, she just took out her notebook and her pencil case and concentrated on the lesson.

After a few hours of lessons, there was more than an hour before we could go back to the apartment. Harley walked over to her locker to change her classes. Before taking a notebook, a blonde girl appeared in front of her. She had on a black headband, straight hair, two notebooks in her arms, a fairly neatly pressed short skirt, and a top with a folded collar and a small bag over her two shoulders.

"My name is Gwen, Gwen Stacy. I saw you in class this morning. You're Harley right?" Harley looked at her not knowing how to react, she was currently praying. so that this girl won't talk to her again in the next few days.

"Yeah right..." The blonde smiled.

"Well I wanted to welcome you. If you need help or have any questions, don't hesitate to come and see me!" The redhead couldn't even give her a thank you or something like that before Gwen turned on her heel and walked into the crowd. Harley raised his eyebrows and put on his Walkman as she headed to his next class.

When school was over, Harley wanted to pass a little corner store so she could buy some Oreos.  Happy had a lot of sweets at home but he was missing the most important ones, the Oreos.  The redhead crossed the road, still with her helmet on her ears, heading towards the small store.  As she entered, she saw a boy there, the same boy in her biology class.  She lowered her case and turned off her Walkman.

"¿Como esta tú hija?"  Tossed the boy in front of her to the clerk of the small store.  The smile of the man behind the counter fell in less than a second.  Harley's face changed from neutral to amazed at the young boy's boldness.  But Harley let out a small smile.

"$10".  Said the seller in anger.

"But it's only $5!". Said the daring boy laughing showing the price of pickles.  He gave him a $5 bill, took the jar and collided with the redhead who was still there without speaking.

"Oh no, I'm sorry! Didn't I hurt you?"  The boy was really energetic.

"No it's okay, you're not the first blow I've received."  Harley told him while repositioning her backpack on her shoulder.  The boy looked her in the eyes with a look of fear, as if she had just dropped a bomb.  "Are you OK ?".  The stranger continued to stare at her until he realized it.

"Yeah, yes it's okay... You just remind me of an acquaintance."  Harley nodded softly as she passed him so she could pick up those Oreos.

"Well, have a nice day..." The redhead narrowed her eyes so he could tell her her name.

"Peter, Peter Parker!"  He had a big smile on his face while being wary.  The Sokovian frowned and released a "right".

"Well, have a nice day!".  "Yeah good day!".  Peter Parker turned and left the little store.  Harley was at the counter and gave him one last look as he left and he did the same.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───