five. decathlon

┊❛ WILDEST DREAMS ❜┊
☆* act 1. running up that hill.

 running up that hill

CHAPTER 5- thaï

(homecoming)

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After Happy picked up Harley from the party, she and Happy went to eat Thai, Harley's favorite dish. The two people were face to face and ate their meal in a not at all disturbing silence. But Harley broke that silence because of her curiosity.

"Thank you for picking me up, the party was not at all as Gwen described it." Happy smiled at the girl's words.

"Don't worry, did you tell her you were gone?" Harley put down her fork and leaned back in her chair, crossing her arms.

"Yes, I sent her a message during the trip. She told me that she was going home with a boy...". Harley took advantage of this moment to be able to ask a real question to Happy. "And, um, does Tony hire interns for Stark Industries ? And when I say interns, I mean people my age."

Happy looked up at Harley, he had surely made the connection with Peter. "Not often, but it happens. Why ? Did someone tell you about that?" Harley continued to play with the headphone wire

"Yes, Peter Parker. He's a boy from my biology class, I think he's nice." The man in front of her dropped his fork and stuck to the back of the chair.

"Peter Parker? Do you know him?". Harley raised an eyebrow.

"Yes... I just told you." Harley looked up at the television hanging in front of the counter. They were still talking about Steve Rogers, she felt like she betrayed them and he haunted her. But after all, who wouldn't accept such an offer?

"It's crazy how despite the fact that they are probably on the other side of the world, they follow you everywhere.". Happy turned his head towards the television by the counter. The redhead didn't face the man, gave him a brief glance, then returned her attention to the television.

Harley headed to the robotics room so she could pick up her school project. She had left it with the professor so he could write it down. When she came down the stairs, still with her music in her ears, she saw Peter and Ned tinkering with something, but she didn't go to see despite her being interested.

"Hello sir, I came to pick up my technology project." The professor sitting on the chair nodded and showed her project with his hand. She put it away in her bag carelessly. She turned her head and saw Peter was looking at her with a slight smile. The redhead nodded and smiled before leaving.
As she walked down the hall, she heard, through her headset, someone calling her name. When she turned she saw Liz. She knew very well why, she wanted to talk to her. The Sokovian put her headphone on her neck.

"Hi Harley, I know that yesterday you left the party rather early but I wanted to ask you if you were planning to come to the Decathlon tomorrow?". Harley had thought a lot about this and she was actually planning on going. Trying to get out of her comfort zone will be good for her.

"I believe I will come." Harley said with slight hesitation.

"It's great, you can pick up your jacket at Mr. Harrinton's office, see you tomorrow at 7.AM in front of the school!" Harley could see the excitement on Liz's face, which made her smile.

"Yes I will be there."

Returning to the apartment Harley saw Happy working on her laptop and with her phone over her ears. He looked up at Harley and raised his finger to tell her to wait before talking to him. Harley put her backpack down by the table and walked to the fridge to grab some tub ice cream. She sat across from Happy so she could talk to him. Happy hung up his phone.

"I'm listening to you, what's going on?" Harley opened her eyes wide at Happy.

"How did you know I wanted to talk to you about something?"

"The school called me for the Decathlon. Are you going to go?"

"Well, I think going to Washington for a weekend wouldn't be so bad, nothing could happen to me. And I think Tony would be fine, but no need to call him." Harley continued to eat her vanilla ice cream. Happy raised his eyebrows at her.

"You're right, Tony would agree and I would too!" Harley dropped her spoon in shock.

"Wait are you serious?". Happy smiled at Harley. "Oh my god this is great!". Harley got up and went to hug Happy and went to her room but turned around so she could get her tub of ice cream.

Harley threw herself on her stomach in her bed in her bedroom, picked up her phone and quickly dialed Gwen's number to inform her of the trip she too was included in.

"Hello Harley?" Harley took a scoop of ice cream before responding to Gwen.

"Hi, I'm going to the Decathlon tomorrow with you." Gwen let out a noise that caused Harley to drop her phone. She picked it up after a few seconds.

"Oh my days ! You can't know how happy I am, I thought I was going to have to stay with Peter and Ned on the trip." Harley wrinkled her nose when she heard Peter and Ned's name.

"Wait, they're on the trip too? I thought Peter ditched the Decathlon for the internship at Stark Industries?"

"Yeah, no, I don't know, he probably got fired." Harley raised her eyebrows and said goodbye to Gwen before hanging up.

hi, i know that for the "comeback" the chapter is really short but i've got really busy with my mental health and all the shits like that but I'm gonna try to be more active ;)