four. pick up the phone

┊❛ WILDEST DREAMS ❜┊
☆* act 1. running up that hill.

CHAPTER 4— pick up the phone

(homecoming)

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Harley was at home, alone, watching a movie on TV.  It was an old horror movie from the 80s. Happy wasn't home tonight as he had to deal with the Stark Tower move while Tony was away.  Today was Liz's party but Harley didn't really want to go despite the fact that Gwen had been stalking her for the past two weeks.

After a few minutes, Harley's phone rang.  The redhead turned her head towards the noise and saw that it was Gwen who called her.

"You've got to be kidding me." Harley picked up the phone, running a hand through her hair.  Before Harley could even greet her friend, the blonde cut her off.

"Please tell me you're dressed!"  Harley sighed and paused on her movie. "I'm the road to come to your place so you better come".  Harley heard car horns sounding through the phone.

"Are you driving? But you don't even have the license yet.". Gwen laughed.

"Well guess what! I got it this weekend and my dad lent me the car."

"I'm pretty sure drivers aren't supposed to use the phone in a car." Harley walked over to the large window to admire Times Square.

"Yeah whatever, please live with me, ok go have fun! And I-".  Gwen couldn't finish her sentence as Harley hung up her phone and put her movie back on.

                                  ★

After a few minutes of pure bliss without Gwen, the landline rang. Harley once again stopped her movie.

"Shit !".  Harley got up despite her fatigue and answered the phone.

"I'm watching TV, go away !".  And before the redhead hung up on the blonde.

"I'll do your homework for the whole term !"  Gwen tried to finish her sentence as quickly as possible. Harley raised an eyebrow with a small smile on her face.

"A semester !".  Harley took advantage of this offer. Gwen, through the phone let out a "what".

"So there you can always dream !"

"And you can go home !".  Gwen shouted Harley's name.

"It's good, one semester! But hurry up!"  Gwen hung up the phone and Harley bit those lips to keep from screaming in delight.

Gwen and Harley were parked in front of Liz's big house.  His house suited him quite well.  A rich girl, popular but nice even very nice actually, lots of good friends... Harley wasn't jealous or envious, she just watched a lot of TV.  After the blonde next to Harley finished adjusting her lipstick, she turned to the redhead who was playing with her Walkman's wires.