Chapter 1

Walking at night was so comforting, and the calm wind kept me wishing every day would be like this. As I continued to walk down the pavement, the light of the moon showed me the way. I tried to comprehend why it was so difficult to dream. I know this might sound absurd, but why does everyone have a dream or at least a purpose in life, while I still struggle to find mine?

For a second, I saw a bright light, I turned around, and somehow, this strange light gave me hope. I shivered, hope? I hadn't felt that in a while. The mysterious light was slowly nearing, but now, instead of hope, all I could feel was dread. Questions filled my mind, "What is happening?" The light made me feel lightheaded and dizzy. The air got so dry that it became hard to breathe. "Is it my imagination? This can't be happening." My gut was telling me something was not right, so I turned around to walk towards my house. A horrifying roaring sound came after me, so I picked up the pace. Now I was running for my life, but the sound wasn't going anywhere. I turned around to look behind me when I tripped on a soda can and fell face forward.

The roaring intensified and more than five massive vans passed by me. They were so tall that they covered all the light from the moon. It was pitch black. I could not even see my nose. I started panicking, my breathing became unstable, and I started shaking with fear, my heart ready to break out of my chest. Wherever I went, vans were there. They were everywhere.

"Help!"I shouted, hoping somebody would hear me. But nobody came and nobody listened.

"Help!"I shouted louder, still trying to find a way to hide. now the light wasn't comforting at all as it came and went it only made me fall to the ground with fear.

Something touched my back, and I screamed. It was a scream of fear, a scream of agony, a scream that somebody covered with their big rough hand. My muffled scream was not helping me at all, it only made me exhausted I kicked the strange man in the place where it hurts and he yelped, and I used this chance to bite his hand as hard as I could.

When he let go, I tried to run again, but this didn't get me far because three other men got out of the giant vehicles. They tackled me to the ground, and as I began to scream, one of them covered my mouth with some kind of cloth with a sort of chemical.

"What do you want from me?"I asked pleadingly, looking dazed at one of the men.