Chapter 4

"Hey, Diana!" A guy with dirty blond hair walked towards us. He had deep green eyes and a cheerful smile that lit up the room. "Who's this?" he asked curiously. He had a thick British accent.

"Elijah, that's Revanche, Revanche, that's Elijah," Diana introduced us. I gave him a soft smile as I extended my hand to him for a handshake.

I turned to Diana, "By the way, I forgot to mention, you can call me Rev. My name is too long to be used daily." Amusement glittered in my eyes as both of them chuckled.

"Introductions can be made later," someone said from behind me, " we have a more important matter at hand." I turned around just to be met halfway by a pair of serious and scolding eyes. "You three," he said, " go find some QR codes so we may get some food till the end of the day."

"That's Aaron. He is basically our leader and the one who formed this group," Diana explained. "He found me when I was almost dead because of my injuries." I looked at her sympathetically. "Nah, it's ok, it means I was one of the brave ones to stand up for myself," she said proudly, placing her arms on both of her hips. I looked at Aaron again. He was the polar opposite of Elijah. He had a lot of piercings and black spiked hair. He looked as though he was a member of a gang or someone who most likely smoked in narrow allies in the middle of the night. Yet he had two pairs of piercing icy blue eyes, which showed that he was responsible enough to be a leader. This made me somewhat respect him. He knew what he was doing, and that's all I cared about.

Diana grabbed mine and Elijah's hands, pulling us towards the exit of this small but safe hideout. "So, where are you from?" Elijah said, turning to me. Diana was walking a few steps ahead of us, shining the flashlight on an apple watch.

"Uhh, well, I was born in China, but I am from Los Angeles," I said, scratching the back of my neck. Diana turned her head and explained that she was from America too, although partially Italian.

Elijah sighed, " Why are you two so cool when I'm stuck being a Londoner?" We chuckled as we walked down the narrow hallway.

And that's when actual magic happened. "Am I the only one who feels as though it's raining right now?" I asked, lifting my hands, trying to identify if I was mistaking my sweat for water droplets.

"Na-ah," Diana said as Elijah opened his mouth to try catching some into his mouth.

"Confirmed, definitely raining," he said, making us all open our mouths in the hope of catching some water, as it's been more than 2 hours since we last drank anything. I ran my hand through my hair, which was now soaking wet.

"How can I be so stupid!" Diana blurted out, rummaging through the bag, I didn't even notice she had. She took out a water bottle and said, "Let's collect water!" We later found the water sprinkler that was spraying water above our heads and filled any water bottles or even plastic containers and bags with water. After the small little bath, we decided to head back.

And that's when we heard a scream...

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Hello lovely people,

I wanted to thank you for reading my story so far, and I hope you like it :)

If there are any mistakes or anything offensive, feel free to tell me in the comment section. I will for sure try to fix it <3