이십오

Minho was walking into an aisle while looking for a novel. His eyes lightened up when there was a book caught his attention.

It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover.

He stared in awe with the colour of the book cover. It was so pretty yet comforting so he gently lifted his finger to touch the spine of the book before slide up and pull the book out of the shelf, only to meet an eye staring at him acrossed the shelf.

He flinched so hard as he let out a small yelp. He caught some students' attention that near him, feeling embarrassed that there were someone heard his scream. Minho hugged the book tightly with a hand covered his mouth, hung his head low in embarrassment to hide his flushed cheeks.

He heard footsteps from the other side of the shelf ran into the aisle where he was standing, finally looking up whem he saw the presence of shoes in front of him, only to see the librarian that he always saw before Chan came to be one.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you! Are you okay...?" The librarian whispered softly yet concern filled in his words.

Minho curled his fingers that covered his mouth and nodded slowly. It was a lie if he say he almost not losing his heart at the point but he knew the librarian was very nice.

Mark sighed in relief, "I'm so glad you're okay or Channie will kill me if he knew"

The student pursed his lips slightly before he decides to speak, "Speaking of him... Has he come to work today?"

Mark slightly widened his eyes before lowered his eyelids back to normal. He never thought he will have a small conversation with the student he used to look after only from afar. But he smiled softly and said, "Are you perhaps looking for him? I'm sorry, little one but it seems like Chan is taking a day off for today. I heard that he is sick for some reason"

Minho tilted his head a bit before he nodded his head slightly and smiled, "Thank you for telling me, hyung..."

"You're the most welcome, little one"

And that was how Minho got to the front of Chan's house. One hand was holding a plastic bag filled with hot soup inside and the other one was hugging the book that he borrowed from the library.

Yes, he did go straight to buy some hot soup right after the bell has rang. He tightened the grip around the book before he stepped into the frontyard. It was dangerous for them to open the gate widely but oh well, not his problem I guess.

After he arrived to the front door, he gently knocked the door and suddenly the door was opened in a beat. The ravenette slightly jumped over how fast the door was opened to reveal Jisung with a messy bed hair and a shirt and shorts.

Jisung stared at him through his hair before his eyes lightened up, "Ah, Minho hyung! Do you come here to see hyung? He's in his room though"

Minho playfully squinted his eyes before chuckled, "Thank you, Sungie. Is he asleep?"

The younger shrugged, "Don't know, he's probably dying inside. Go revive him, prince charming. The door is unlocked, by the way"

The ravenette gave him a look, "You don't know yet you know the door is unlocked? I thought you didn't go check on him?"

"Well, I live with him for my entire life, I also know how many bitches he got for a year which is none until you came so that's a first for him. So I know the habit of his"

Minho giggles and shook his head, "Whatever you say, squirrel"

"Not you call me squirrel, you and your daddy issue" Jisung rolled his eyes.

"Hey, excuse me?"

"Did I lie though?" Jisung raised his hands in defeat before he stepped into his room.

Minho sighed in defeat then walked towards Chan's room. He knocked softly and when he heard a groan, he slowly reached for the doorknob and twisted it before pushed the door inside. He peeked his head inside only to see a lump under the blanket with another groan.

The student invited himself in and walked towards the bed. He put the book and the plastic on the nightstand, took his bag off his shoulders and leaned it on the stand, sitting down on the edge of the bed, resting his hand on the lump.

"Channie..." He called softly for the elder.

Chan slowly pulled his blanket down just to peek his head out, only to see Minho was beside him. He furrowed his eyebrows before regained all the energy he has left to scoot further away from the younger.

"Pumpkin? What are you doing here? You'll get sick..."

"I brought soup for you. Let me reheat it, okay? Stay where you are"

He stood up without waiting for an answer from the blond as he grabbed the plastic and brought it outaide the room. The ravenette quickly found a small pot and rinsed it before poured the soup into it.

As soon as the soup was boiled, he poured it into a big bowl then grabbed a spoon, put it inside the bowl and brought the bowl into the room again. When he reached the room, he saw Chan was already leaned his back against the headboard and his hand was holding the novel that he borrowed, staring at the summarise at the back of the book.

Minho took a seat while facing the sick man, waiting for him to lift his gaze to look at him. When Chan did, he smiled, "Got interested?"

Chan blinked at him, "Are you sure you do want to read this?"

"Hey, the cover is pretty, you know. that's why I got it for myself" He scooped the soup and blew it a bit before fed to the blond.

Chan immediately put the spoon into his mouth before he spoke after Minho retreated the spoon from his lips, "But the plot is too much..."

"It's fine, Channie... In fact, the plot caught my eyes. I want to try it to read it..." He giggled as he fed Chan another spoon.

"I dont want us to be like this though..."

Minho halted his action as he swirled the soup for cooling it down a bit. He looked up slowly, "Channie, how can you be so sure we're gonna be like that one day? We're not even married"

"But what if-"

"We're not even in a relationship" Minho raised an eyebrow this time.

Even the words broke both heart a bit but whatever Minho said was true. They knew they loved each other but something was holding them back.

Chan looked onto his laps with the book still in his grip. Minho reached for the elder's hand to rest on top of his, "And you're not him, right?" A thumb was caressing at the back of his hand.

He could feel it, Chan was really burning from head to toe, but the blond acted like it was nothing. Chan reached for his hand and held it in his grip, the blond was smiling softly.

"I'll promise myself that I'll never be like him"

"If you say so then let's finish the soup. I need to go home early before Wonnie hyung is looking for me"

They both let out soft giggles then Minho started feed Chan again.