Like Twinkling Stars

"It's popcorn time!"

Fang tosses a single popcorn from his cart to catch it in his mouth. Beside him, Lola turns her nose up and scoffs.

"Oh darling, don't you think it's silly to be working on New Year's?"

"It's not work! I'm just spreading the joy! No one can resist this buttery-smooth goodness. Ain't that right, Colette?"

Colette giggles. "You betcha! Can I have a bag?"

"Of course!" Fang flashes his signature sparkling grin. "Flavor?"

"Uhmm— half chocolate and half butter, please!"

He shovels some into the bag and hands it over. Fluffy, buttery goodness. Colette's mouth waters as she takes out her coins. "Thank you so much!"

"Hey, hey! It's on the house today." Fang points a thumb at himself. "Think of it as a treat for the Brawl-fam!"

"Really?!" Colette gasps. "That's so cool!"

She thanks him again and walks away, munching immediately as she overhears Lola correcting herself, unpaid work!

The usual stores being shut down makes the place appear both more dormant and more alive at the same time. The street lights look just fantastic, like bright hanging candies. And Frank's doing an awesome job DJ-ing on stage! (Poco started things off with a few great songs just hours ago).

There's nothing like Starr Park. Colette laughs in her popcorn as Stu spins on the floor for what looks like some crazy dance-off with Mortis. Really is that time of the night when things only start to get wilder.

"Psst, hey, Colette," she hears. She turns to see Leon behind her.

"Oh hi Leon! What's up?"

"I got Mr P's pen," he announces proudly, handing it over. "Sneaky time!"

"Wow!! Thanks!" Colette beams. Maybe she can use it for her scrapbook? Nope, way less authentic than an autograph. In the collection it goes, then!

"He's like, the funnest person to steal from!" Leon reveals, before dropping his smile. "Oops."

"Hey, stealing is bad," Colette chastises, a split second after which she realizes her hypocrisy. Oh well. It's just a pen.

Leon seems to share the same nonchalance. He moves his lollipop to the other side of his mouth. "Anyway, can I have some popcorn?"

"Go ask Fang! He's giving them for free!"

"Really? Sweet!" Leon rejoices, heading off. "Hehe, see ya— ack!"

He whips around frantically before disappearing into who knows where. Literally.

It takes a moment for Colette to look up and see Jessie and Penny just a few meters away. She can't help but laugh.

This popcorn's amazing. Fang was right about spreading the joy. She's in that kind of mood where she could just gobble up the whole Park's worth of food all night.

"What's this? A new challenger approaches?" Mortis says on the dance floor, pulling Colette out of her thoughts. She follows his eyes.

It's Edgar. "What? No. Just wanted to see what's up."

"Wh-wh-whose team are you on, Edgar?" Stu asks, spinning as sparks fly from his fingertips.

"No one."

"Ah, ever the sly fox, aren't you?" Mortis eggs on. "Willing to join in on the challenge? A showdown of assassins — you know we're the finest class of them all."