(T.S.O.H) Change (Ch: 2)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*×The Stars Of Hope×*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Change (Chapter 2)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zirka's world spun. It was all happening too fast.

Shtorm started to raise a dispute: "Що? Тут має бути якась помилка! Незважаючи на те, що зараз нам приблизно дванадцять років, мій тато служив у війську ще до нашого народження. Мабуть, він мав достатньо практики, щоб здолати багатьох супротивників одночасно-"

("What? There must be some error here! Even though we are now roughly twelve years old, my dad served in the military before we were even born. He must have had enough practise to be able to take down many adversaries at once-")

Shtorm's perplexed response was broken off by the courageous and valiant armoured soldier-bear: "Я ціную вашу молоду енергію, але ми армія, яка двічі перевіряє, правда це чи ні. Боюся, вам доведеться зіткнутися з цим."

("I appreciate your youthful energy, but we're an army that double-checks whether it's true or not. I'm afraid you'll have to face it.")

Shtorm glanced at his sister, realizing her sadness and defeat. He clawed the ground with a bitter anger.

The soldier bear pulled out a device and clicked a button. Soon after a police car zoomed through the street and stopped behind him. "Кідзо, відчини водійські двері." ("Kidzo, open the driver's door, if you may."), he said. The police car did as instructed.

The armoured bear glanced at them one last time before entering the new-technological police car, then it drove off (automatically-).

Shtorm and Zirka went in the house. Zefir woke up, excited and energetic, but also unaware of the situation, as he met them after they entered what used to be her parents' home. Now them and their little tribe of pets owned it.

After a while, the doorbell rang again, and Shtorm went to answer. This time it *was* the pizza delivery.

"Чи маємо ми розчистити місце? Можливо, звільнити місце для ще одного столика, але спеціально для того, щоб поставити речі, які залишили нам батьки..."

("Should we clear the place? Maybe make room for one more table, but specifically to put the things our parents left us..."), Shtorm asked, after a few minutes of silence, thinking of their parents and hungrily eating pizza.

Zirka replied with, "Добре, давайте все це зробимо" ("Ok let's do all that").

They both ate a few pizzas and Zirka went upstairs to her room, and Shtorm went to his, with Zefir following him. A clueless Tsvitinnya followed Zirka to the room, as the lynx wondered if pets like ferrets could feel their owners' emotions...

And if they could, would they feel her unravelling sorrow?

The uncertain lynx snapped out of her thoughts, focused on the task, and opened the closet to begin with organizing. It was dark and packed with accessories.

Suddenly Tsvitinnya ran through the closet and chirped loudly. That meant she was excited, but for what?

Zirka grabbed her flashlight and adjusted it so that it faced Tsvitinnya's view ahead. But something else caught her eye.

It was a door (...'with a string attatched to it'), but not just any door.

The door was covered in glowing cracks and scratches that emitted a neon, strange symbol, each seperate in color and apart from eachother.

Tsvitinnya kept on chirping and it almost seemed like she was saying "Скажи брату" ("Tell your brother").

And so she listened to Tsvitinnya, and Zirka shouted for her brother to check this mystery. Running downstairs, she kept on calling out his name, and he came to her with curiosity:

"Чому так швидко? Я навіть не починав-" ("Why so quick? I haven't even started-"). Zirka cut him off; the excited lynx couldn't wait to tell him the mysterious door she found.

"Немає часу пояснювати, приходьте швидше, це щось важливе!" ("No time to explain, come quickly, this is something important!").

Shtorm agreed to come and called his dog too, but he declined and they both knew something was wrong with Zefir. They however, still went upstairs and Zirka searched frantically for Tsvitinnya to see if she was still here. But then happened something unbelievable.

They saw Tsvitinnya in the closet facing the door, and from what Zirka could see, she rumaged through the desks around her room. She couldn't figure out why, but then she knew.

Tsvi held a key in her jaw and then around it was emitted a strange glow as it hovered in the air. Afterwards, she squeaked- no, she... SAID something?!

Zirka and Shtorm both watched with curiosity and confusion. They thought she was just as confused as them, but it seemed like she'd done and seen this a million times, as she had the glare of an expert.

Unexpectedly, the magical door... opened, and Tsvitinnya hurried inside, unaware, and hoping to be unnoticed. Zirka looked in awe as the illuminating swirls of power glowed to hide the mystery and adventure ahead of them.

Because Zirka and Shtorm are going in!

...But of course they have to get ready for any danger that goes their way.

Meanwhile packing, Shtorm asked to make sure, "Я... ніколи не очікував цього... Ми точно входимо... так?"

("I... never expected this... We're definitely going in... right?")

"У нас немає вибору; Цві зникла б, якби ми не побачили, як вона зайшла всередину; ми б так хвилювалися! Але крім того, я відчуваю, як щось тягне мене всередину цих дверей; щось дивне, ніби мені судилося піти з дому... Думаєш, наші батьки знали про це?", Zirka explained.

("We have no choice; Tsvi would have disappeared if we hadn't seen her go inside; we would be so worried! But beyond that, I feel something pulling me inside this door; something strange, as if I was destined to leave home... Do you think our parents knew about this?")

Shtorm ignored her but Zirka knew he was just pondering on why they might've kept it a secret for so long. They continued packing until they were finally ready. They took everything and carried it so that it almost touched the portal-door. Zirka asked, repeating:

"Отже, брате, як ти думаєш, наші батьки знали про це?"

("So, now, brother, do you think our parents knew about it?")

Shtorm answered, "Ну-" ("Well-"), but he got cut off... and he knew it wasn't Zirka who did.

Instead, Zefir answered: "Так. Вони знали. Цві та Зефір попросили тримати це в секреті. І не питайте, чому Зефір може говорити, бо Зефір вам покаже!"

("Yes. They knew. Tsvi and Zefir was asked to keep it a secret. And don't ask why Zefir can talk, because Zefir will show you!")

Without warning, the giant but small dog pushed them both into the portal-door...

/...To Be Continued.../