31

"Should we really be going to Michael's for a party?" Fallon asked, as she followed a few steps behind Calum and they made their way to the home where his bandmate Micheal had been living with his fiancée Crystal. The pair had been working over the past few months to revamp the place and turn it into a luxury rental but the pandemic had halted their progress.

"Well, I mean... we can't just completely hole up on our own, right? No one really knows how long this thing is gonna go on for and it's not like Mike's invited half of the hills, just a few close friends– family really."

Fallon blew out a breath, hoping they weren't setting themselves up for trouble by agreeing to attend the small get together that had been arranged. If she was honest with herself though she was craving the chance to interact with someone who wasn't living within the same four walls as her at the moment.

She loved living with Calum, it wasn't that. The thing was just that there really was such a thing as going stir crazy and the past few weeks with only Calum and Roy to talk to were starting to get to her. In total honesty, she was missing being around those with a bit more estrogen. The chance to see Crystal and Sierra was a welcome reprieve and even though she was a little uneasy about the gathering, no matter how small. It was worth the risk for the health of her psyche.

Calum pushed open the front door, stepping through the threshold with ease like he lived there and Fallon followed right behind. Where the boy's band was concerned there was a bit of an open door policy to their homes. Within reason anyways. More than once the open door thing had led to an awkward encounter due to the seemingly shared desire of their group to fornicate anywhere but a bed. Maybe living their lives predominantly on tour had done that to them.

This time though the living room was devoid of naked people, a fact Fallon was all too happy about seeing that the last time she had visited the Clifford's in their home had been one such encounter. She'd learned not to visit on the day the boys returned from tour again.

The foyer opened up to a large open floor plan main level with a kitchen and dining room visible as well as a back wall of glass windows and double doors that led out back to the patio. Flickering flames from the fire pit glowed from the patio beckoning the pair through the house and out to the yard where everyone else was scattered around the pool.

A pretty orange sunset served as the backdrop for their first in person interaction with someone outside of their little bubble in a few weeks and, in a way, the warm color scheme was fitting. Smiles flitted to both Calum and Fallon's faces immediately as they greeted their friends.

"Ho-ly shit." Michael yelled, approaching them and wasting no time in wrapping Calum up in a hug. "I know it's only been a few weeks but in 5SOS time that's like...years."

"5SOS time?" Calum chuckled, shooting a bemused expression in Fallon's direction.

"Yeah, mate. I reckon we spend so much time together that every day we're apart is like seven days for normal people. Kinda like dog years are different from people's years." Michael's hands were tucked up into the sleeves of his long sleeved shirt, his whole body bouncing as he moved up and down on his toes from excitement.

"You're fucking stupid, you know that right?"

Michaels expression flatlined and he rolled his eyes.

"But I missed you too." Calum nudged his friend with his elbow then took a step to stand by Fallon. His hand glided around her side until it found the place it fit so well on her back. The warmth of his rough skin against her back that was left bare by her puff sleeved top felt both natural and exhilarating. Like everything else since they had gotten back together. Somehow familiar and comforting while also new and exciting.