Chapter 17: Own Empire

THE operation of Ally's father was beyond successful and Ally also agreed to work with Gabrielle again.

Right now the two were talking inside the hospital ward when they heard a lot of heavy footsteps coming their way.

Napalingon naman ang dalawa sa anim na doctor na biglang pumasok sa ward.

"Hi Ms. Cordova, I am Rey Cruz, the General hospital's Chief Director." Agad na sambit ng nangungunang doctor.

Napa kunot noo naman ang dalawang babae dahil sa pagtataka. Bakit naman dadalaw bigla ang director ng hospital sa isang ordinaryong pasyente?

"May problema po ba? May hindi pa ba kami nababayaran?" Sunod sunod na tanong ni Ally dahil sa pagkakaalam niya, binayaran na ni Gabrielle ang hospital bill ng buo.

Agad namang umiling ang Director ng hospital bago ngumiti ng malaki.

At the same time, Gabrielle who was listening, raised an eyebrow. Ano naman ang ikinasasaya ng taong to?

"Don't worry Ms. Cordova, wala ka ng babayaran pa. We just really wanted to check on your father's condition and also we will be transferring him to a VIP room para mas maalagaan siyang mabuti, at hindi mo na rin kailangan bayaran yun." The Director said.

Ally looked at the woman beside her, with a questioning look. She was trying to ask if it was Gabrielle's doing.

Kanina kasi, gusto ni Gabrielle na e transfer ang tatay niya sa VIP room pero tumanggi siya.

Gabrielle shook her head as if guessing Ally's questioning look. She, too, doesn't know what was happening.

"Bakit po?" Tanong ni Ally na puno ng pagkalito at pagtataka.

The Chief Director just smiled. "This is to show our hospitality."

Hindi na maiwasang mapairap ni Gabrielle.

Did he just say hospitality? What kind of reason is that? If they really have this so-called hospitality, then they should've operated on Ally's father without waiting for Ally to have the funds.

The Chief Director ignored the two girl's questioning look and just ordered the other doctors following him to take care of Mr. Cordova who was still unconscious.

Wala ng nagawa ang dalawang babae at sumunod na lang sa mga doctor papuntang VIP room. When they settled Ally's father, the director looked at Ally.

"Ms. Cordova, kung may kailangan ka pa, sabihin mo lang sakin. Ito ang calling card ko." He took his calling card and place it on Ally's hand without waiting for the girl's response.

The doctors suddenly bowed deeply then walked carefully outside, while Ally and Gabrielle were left speechless.

Sa kabilang banda, nang makalabas ang mga doctor, hindi na maiwasan mag tanong ng isa sa kanila. "Director, sino ba talaga sila at kailangan mong gawin to ng personal?"

The Director turned his head to the person asking. "Utos ito ng nakakataas." He said pointing his index finger above.

Sabay naman napatingin ang ibang doctor sa puting kisame nang marinig nila ang sagot ng Director.

Asar namang nagpaliwang ang Director. "It was an order from the parent company's CEO. They are not someone we can offend, so better to treat them nicely."

"The parent company? You mean the Alenton Medical Group?" The other doctor asked.

General Hospital is a subsidiary hospital of Alenton Medical Group, but the parent company usually doesn't meddle with General Hospital. Although both hospitals have the same owner, it was run by different directors.