Chapter 29: A stranger's fortune

AT Bloom Publishing office, the CEO Rochel Beren has been pacing back and forth. Napahinto siya at galit na tinapon ang Ipad sa sahig.

"Ano bang ginagawa niyo!? Hindi niyo man lang napigilan lumaki yung post!!" She shouted at her PR team.

Fiona who was the head of the PR team just stayed silent while standing still. Now she knew why Kyla wants to ask Mr. German to invest in Phoenix Publishing.

They may deny it or not, Genesis was a threat to Bloom Publishing before and now that the author has returned, there is a possibility that Phoenix Publishing will also rise once again.

"Ikaw Fiona!" Rochel pointed at her. "Nag trabaho ka dati sa Phoenix, di mo man lang napansin na unti unti na silang bumabalik??"

Fiona bit her lips and could only complained to herself. Paano niya nga ba naman malalaman yun? May kapangyarihan ba siyang malaman ang hinaharap?

"Ms. Beren, nagkaharap na kami ni Kyla at napigilang kung mag invest ang kakilala ko sa kanya pero bukod doon, wala na akong alam."

"You... idiot!" Rochel throw some papers on Fiona's face before turning to her secretary.

"Sigurado akong may tumutulong sa kanila, alamin mo yun. Imposibleng makakabangon sila ng ganun ganun kadali."

Three years ago, Bloom Publishing was suppressed and threatened by Phoenix's existence. Kung hindi lang nawala si Genesis, ang Bloom Publishing siguro ang mababankrupt at mawawala sa industriya.

When Genesis disappeared, Rochel did her best to destroy Phoenix Publishing once and for all. She manipulated and took their own people, and even bribed a lot of people to make the life of the Morris twins miserable. Sinigurado pa niyang mas mahirap pa sa daga ang mag kambal na yun.

"Ano pang ginagawa niyo dito?? Gumawa kayo ng paraan para di na lumaki yung post!!" Rochel shouted but little did she know that what will happen in the next few days would infuriate her even more.

***

A few days later

GABRIELLE finally signed the contract with Veronica De'Castro.

Just as they thought, VDC Corporation's board believed that the video where she was meeting with Kaye was manipulated. Gabrielle was about to fight logic with them but Yveo came just in time to help her dismiss the doubts of the board.

That was all for the good news, the bad news is something tragic happened to Veronica and her husband. Gabrielle is guessing that the project collaboration will be put on hold for now but she got Phoenix Publishing back nonetheless.

Right now, Gabrielle and Kyla are at the Phoenix Publishing building and they were inside a room in Kyla's old office. In that room there was a small size bed, a small work space and a huge empty bookshelf.

Dahil palaging nasa ibang bansa si Gabrielle noon, pinatanggal niya na ang opisina niya sa Phoenix at pinalagyan lang ng kwarto ang office ni Kyla.

"May nalimutan ka ba dito Gabby?" Takang tanong ni Kyla dahil wala naman siyang nakikitang ni isang gamit sa kwarto bukod sa maalikabok na kama, upuan, lamesa at bookshelf na wala namang laman.

Nakatingin lang siya kay Gabrielle na ngayu'y nakaluhod at may kinakapa  sa ilalim ng bookshelf.

Gabrielle then pressed a button underneath it for like ten seconds before she heard a click sound and the book shelf moved a little. She pushed the bookshelf to the side and what greeted them was another small room similar to a walk-in closet, but instead of clothes, only books and a stack of papers were inside.