chapter 3: y/ns back story

Yes, you heard it here. There will be possible triggering events in this chapter, so here is your warning

I am so so sorry for the slow updates. I've been working on keeping grades up while struggling with bronchitis. But here is y/ns back story. You can always leave suggestions for what you want to see in the next chapter

TW-mentions abuse, foster system, living in the streets, underage drug use

  Beware

    It was a crisp day in Arizona, I sat on the edge of the side of the road trying to catch a ride as per usual. My foster parents kicked me out for the 3rd time this month. They didn't really want me they wanted the money that came with me. They told me that if I told the system workers what they were doing to me, they'd hurt me more. So I keep my mouth shut.

   My newest foster parents are to say the least fucked in the head, they don't care how their foster kids feel or what they need, they just want the money. Money is their only mindset. They usually have multiple foster kids at the same time to get large amounts of money.

    I was the least recent foster child. After me, they started fostering 4 other kids all younger than me ranging from 3 years old to 7 years old. I was 10 when they started fostering me. I'm 12 now, and I have single-handedly raised 4 children who weren't mine on my own.

  I constantly had verbal and physical fights with the money-loving shitheads. All of which they claimed were my fault. That led to our most recent fight, which is what got me here sticking my thumb out, hoping that someone would let me catch a ride. I've been sitting in the same spot for 5 hours dehydrated and busted up from the fight.

  I finally see a car pulling over. Luckily, they were kind enough to lend me a ride. They were truly sweet people. They were a group of friends headed to the Grand Canyon.

  2 years later, the system finally found out what had been happening to me and my fellow foster kids. But I ended up getting adopted into this nice stoner couples family. They threw a lot of parties and were practically dealer after finding out I smoked.

   I have been in plenty shitty houses, but this one was different. The couple treated me with respect and kindness, as well as acknowledging that I had feelings. They were super supportive when I opened up about being gay. They had plenty of animals ranging from cats to birds. They were super well maintained and fed daily.

  I've been with them for a year now, and I can't imagine having been put in another shitty household. I am now officially 15, and we celebrated by having a good smoke session in the backyard. We don't have any neighbors, and cops never come around, but we were still cautious because they didn't want me to get taken and put back into the system.