brave

pairing: teen richie x teen eddie

Richie and Eddie were laying in Richie's bed, Richie had his arm around Eddie, both of them were closing their eyes yet neither of them were asleep.
"Hey Rich?" Eddie whispered,
"Sup, Eds?"
"Stop calling me Eds," Eddie laughed, "But- uh, why do you like me?"
Richie paused, his brows furrowed, "What do you mean?"
Eddie frowned, putting his hand on Richie's arm, which was spread across his chest. "Like, Bill is the leader, or the storyteller, Bev's the mom out of us all, she's responsible-ish, Mike knows all of that random Derry history, Ben's an architect and he can build shit, Stan's smart and organized, I- I don't have anything. I'm not even attractive compared to all of the others." Eddie mumbled and Richie's eyes widened.
"I like you because you're funny, you go along with my jokes and make them even better; and you're somehow the perfect balance of responsible and irresponsible, you'll play loogie with me and you're willing to do stupid things with me while also scolding me about how it'll kill me. And you can fix people up, like you can clean their cuts or fix my glasses, you can even fix bikes and probably cars if your mom would let you. A-And for the record, out of all of us, I think that you're the most attractive. Not like there's anything wrong with anyone else- just, y'know." Richie shrugged. "Why would you say that about yourself?"
"I dunno, I'm just like the shortest and most delicate."
"You are not delicate, and you aren't that short, I mean you are- but Peter Gordon's worse." Richie laughed, "I mean you slapped Pennywise in the face with a broken arm when he was ten seconds away from eating you, I'll be damned if you're delicate, you're brave as fuck."
"Thanks, Rich." Eddie mumbled, his voice laced with sleep. Richie kissed his curls and in two minutes they were both alseep, dreaming of eachother.